Inside the NFL on Young, CJ and Fisher

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I was watching Inside the NFL on Showtime last night. They finally let the Titans back into the topical discussions. They had some interesting things to say.

From what I've noticed, the media is trying to bail Fisher out of the Texas well he's fallen into. Collinsworth said the Titans were 3-0 since Fish wore the Manning jersey. I also think, but can' remember, there was some mention of it being Fisher's decision to start Young.

They interviewed CJ. I believe it was edited for periods where his Tourettes was acting up - it was visible in one shot. The topic was sort of how Vince, like Favre for the Vikings, was making the huddle fun again for the players, making it a game, in other words. Talked about how Vince was giving CJ added opportunities for defenses accounting for him as well. Collinsworth and Sapp both said they believed CJ was capable of being the 6th guy to cross the 2000 yard mark this year.

Later, they had Mike Lombardi on. He said a couple of things. Upon further review, I think he was the one who said it was Fisher's decision to play Young (again, trying to help Fisher out of the Texas well). At the end, he looked like he felt kind of dirty for doing the segment, but I digress.

Lombardi said Young was finally playing Titans football, playing within the system, instead of Vince Young football. James Brown had him clarify that statement he made: "What was Vince Young football?" Lombardi replied he used to run around, not pay attention, made a lot of turnovers, didn't study, said he used to be not well liked in the lockerroom at all. He said he's now playing within the system, and will be the Titans' quarterback going into next year, that he's showed humbleness, maturity, he's interested in the game, studying hard, doing all the things he needs to do to be an NFL quarterback.

The most interesting thing Lombardi said was regarding Vince's contract, and, and it didn't make a lot of sense to me, so maybe someone could explain it better. Lombardi said the Titans would have to pay the roster bonus due Vince and would basically, due to the CBA, have to ride out his rookie agreement. This made no sense to me. Does it have to do with it being the last year of the CBA, or what? Lombardi made the comment with no explanation of the situation whatsoever. But the crux was, the Titans would pay Vince without restructuring (at least next year; the option year, year 6, might be a different matter) next year because they would have to, and that he had shown enough to force their hand in paying the option.

Can anyone shed light on that?

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Thanks for the synopsis G!

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Anytime. Good to "see" you, BR!

4. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

I seen this also I didn't understand the contract part. Cj seem to be enjoying Vy saying he is making it fun again. Keeping every body loose .

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

^ Yep. I forgot to add, CJ said buying the Oline cars wasn't his idea. Said it was theirs. Said he wasn't sure that's what the gift would be, but it would be something nice. He joked and said something like, "I'll buy them some nice remote control cars."

He also stood behind the running of the table comments. Said he didn't blame them for doubting him. He said he would "put it on his back." Said it was there job to say that since it had never been done before, and it was his job to lead the Titans to being the first team to ever do it.

6. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

I cant remember but NFL Network did a piece on if the Titans could go 10-6 and Collinsworth was the first to say "no way. next question". Hopefully CJ makes him eat his words :ha:

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I truly dislike Collinsworth as a person, and especially as a commentator. I hope we do make the playoffs then him and Hoge can make up excuses together.

8. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Oh its a dream....but realistically....its damn near impossible.

For the Titans to "run the table".....you need:

Chris Johnson has to stay on pace, or go even better, we need every rush out of him to count.

Vince Young: has to even get better than the last 3 games.....use the advantages he has.....also needs Gage back healthy, seems like his go to guy outside of CJ, since Britt has dropalitis.

Defense: KEEP that pressure coming....there is a reason why they were called the the Tyrant Titans.

If all three of those things can form and stay together......then maybe Titans have a shot of making Collingsworth it his words. If anything I want Vince to improve even more.....and then go on Sportcenter and give a personal message to Hoge...."Im still here, and even better, can you see me now?".

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

What? Britt has 3 drops on the season, 2 less than Gage, and the same number of receptions on less attempts... not to mention more YAC and total yardage.

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

This will happen. Vince will have his day. And all those "experts" that swore up and down that he can't cut it as an NFL QB will all eat it.

Payback, as we all know is a B-!-+-C-H. And it will be oh so sweet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar