Injury report for Wednesday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Running back Shonn Greene (knee), tackle David Stewart (calf), punter Brett Kern (calf) and wide receiver Damian Williams all missed practice on Wednesday.

Coach Mike Munchak said he expects all four to play on Sunday at Houston.

Williams began having soreness in special teams drills, so he was held out of practice.

Linebacker Zaviar Gooden (ankle) practiced for the first time since getting hurt early in the preseason. Munchak acknowledged it’s unlikely the rookie will play against the Texans.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

glad to see Greene back ... I think we could have a for real 2 headed monster running attack with him and CJ

4. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Yup, should really help Locker too. Take some stress off the passing game.

5. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

I am looking forward to see what Gooden can do when he gets healthy. It would be awesome to have another Zach Brown out there and let Ayers get some more DE snaps! Lets hope Ruston Webster hit another LB home-run with this guy!

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Upright7

I liked the CJ, Battle attack last week. I hope Green being healthy doesn't keep Battle from getting some carries. That dude is a battering ram and seemed to really ware down the defense. 6 foot 2 and 240 lbs... I like the ring to that!

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Battle is def more of a bruser! Greene is a combination of a power runner and shifty runner.

8. Upright7

True, Greene is shifty and has more big run potential. I just like seeing Battle lower his shoulder and deliver some punishing hits! It really puts the secondary and LB's in check when they come in to make a tackle.

9. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I would have rather have signed Battle to a lot cheaper contract myself than waste that kind of money on Greene when Battle is a perfect fit to back up CJ!

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

As much as I love Battle we need Greene. Greene has great vision and surprising feet/agility which enable him to get to the hole. He then has the power to run through whoever is there and ensure positive yardage. Battle sure is a bruiser but if the hole isn't there, he's not gonna find an alternate route.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar