Training Camp Injury report for Thursday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Not practicing on Thursday were cornerback Terrence Wheatley (hamstring), tight end Brandon Barden (hamstring), linebacker Alex Watkins (ankle), guard Leroy Harris (knee) and defensive end Dave Ball (concussion).

Of that group, only Harris is expected to travel to Seattle for the preseason opener.

Source: Titans Insider

2. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans defensive end Dave Ball won’t make the trip to Seattle for the team’s preseason game on Saturday.

Ball hasn’t practice since being hit in the nose during practice last Thursday, and he continues to suffer from concussion-like symptoms.

“I have some symptoms that are still persistent,’’ he said.

Ball said he has a fracture his nose after the hit last week.

Ball, in his eighth NFL season, has a history of concussions. Last year, he said he considered retiring following a concussion during the season. But Ball said he’d like to play this season.

“For sure,’’ he said with a smile. “I want to play it through. I want to play all 18 holes, and right now I am on the No.3 sand trap, you know what I am saying? I have to at least get back to the clubhouse for a hoagie.”

Ball hopes to return to practice next week, but it depends on how quickly he clears up.

Source: Titans Insider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar