Increase Speed of your computer + speed up Firefox

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RyansTitans, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

15 quickies

"just let me lie here and depreciate" - PC
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z7ReS_ur4Kc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z7ReS_ur4Kc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Or, they simply get used to being beaten over the head with a baseball bat every freakin day and think that's it's normal...or even desirable.

Seriously, would you own any other product that gives that much trouble?

3. Most Windows people don't realize how much more smoothly things go on a mac. They just assume it's the same as what they are used to.

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Most people do not know how to use a computer and cause more problems then they realize.

I'll try to remember how easy Macs are to use as I am on my knees under my desk trying to pull the power cord.

5. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

No one should be a Microsoft devotee.

That said, no one should really be evangelical about Apple either.

Before Mac's OS copied BSD wholesale, Apple supporters were saying the same things about OS 8.
    And this is very telling. That there was no real difference in the raving devotion of Mac zombies when their "superior OS" became a slightly modified BSD compared to the previous versions. Apple fanatics rave the same, no matter if it is OS 8, or OS X.

To be an OS X supporter, but not a BSD supporter is a contradiction.

And the idea that Apple isn't "stealing" is as ridiculous as claiming that Microsoft isn't trying to shut down Linux with their patent suits. Open source software comes with a license and a philosophy. If Apple wants to get on board with that, and publish the source code to OS X, and allow it to be freely modified, and freely installed on non-Apple hardware, then they would not be "stealing" from the OSS world, and taking free code and locking it away under a proprietary box.
    Just as the FSF is moving to keep MS from making patent licensing deals with Linux distributors, the GPL should take a hard look at Apple, and their inflexible approach to release of software independent of hardware.

But this is probably not any different in the final analysis to being fans of a particular sports team.
    If you just love Apple, then you are likely to indulge any rationalization about their behavior. Even something as absurd as putting the aesthetic design of a case before the technical function of cooling the circuit board.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I was asked to look at my other half's dad's PC as it was running slow. Before having a look I asked if he could remember when this started & was it after installing anything new.

It was unbelievable. It took almost 10 minutes to boot,the task bars active icons went all the way across the screen. He had numerous spy ware & pop up blockers,just tons of crap & prog's working against each other.

I took away all the unnecessary stuff but you bet in 6-12 months it'll be full of crap once again.

He thought he was going to have to buy a new one.:rolleyes:

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I do not like OS 8, nor 9, nor Classic
    I like OSX, actually I like Tiger, not Panther, not Jaguar

so I have my gripes with older versions of the OS
    maybe I'm not a fanatic

8. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Maybe you aren't.

In theory, those who like OS X would like other flavors of BSD.

In my view, some Apple fans are just marketing victims. Some fall for marketing of athletic shoes, others fall for the marketing of Apple computers.

9. Well, seeing as how Macs typically crash/freeze less, I'd say that's exactly the type of person who should have a Mac. The person who needs a Mac the most is someone who doesn't know how to use it regardless of what you give them.

10. That's normal. Even Mac fanatics were moaning about the outdated OS in the late 90's. They spent years working on a next gen OS and finally had to just buy one (NeXT).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar