Inadvertent interactions with NFL players

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mizzo, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

Tonight I waited on Donald Driver.

The sad part was, I didn't know who he was until now. I was really busy because it was a Friday night and I had two sections (like 12 tables) because the waitress next to me got sent home and I had to pick up her slack. Anyway, I knew I recognized him right off the bat, just couldn't really put it together because my mind was more focused on what people wanted to drink etc. In hindsight it should have been obvious, considering he was built like a football player, he was on my fantasy team -__-, his mom was wearing a Green Bay Packers world champions shirt, he paid for everything, etc.

When I got home, I looked up some interviews and his voice and style of speech was exactly the same as it was tonight, and his tattoos were identical, which cleared up any doubts I had.

Anyway, if anyone was wondering.. He tipped 37 dollars on a 113, he was a really nice guy, and I'm really super pissed off I didn't make the connection sooner. It's kind of bittersweet though. I know 100% I met and interacted with Donald Driver, but I didn't acknowledge it. I wonder if famous people like being unnoticed or if it hurts their ego. I'm sure it's nice when people aren't kissing your feet and patting you on the back all the time. Then again, how the hell should I know?

Anyone else have stories like this? I'm sure I'm not the only one.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I act like I don't know who celebs are when I see them... Usually.

I had a long conversation with fromer Saints tight end, Ernie Conwell back when I was 16 or 17. This was after their awesome 2006 run after Katrina. He was actually flattered that I recognized him or even knew who he was.

He was living in Franklin at this time. Ran into many, many celebs during that job.

Donald seems like a standup guy. I'm sure he wasn't bothered by that at all. A very small percentage of Americans know who he is, so I'm sure he's used to it.

3. Mizzo

He was quite the stand-up guy. I just feel stupid because I've never had the opportunity to actually talk to a 'celebrity' before. Not that I would've gained much from it anyway, but I've just always liked him as a football player on and off the field and wish I could've said something. Oh well, at least I have more respect for him than ever because was really nice to me.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if he noticed my Titans wristbands..

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I was at Vandy's graduation 2 years ago and met Vince Young.

This girl was wearing high heels and I was walking behind her. She tripped and busted her arse. I helped pick her up and all of a sudden, there was another guy helping her up, VY.

He looked at me and said "Damn, that girl just bit it"

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

stars like it when people dont try to talk to them. they just want to chill without everyone running up to them. treat them like anyone else. and they will prob be cooler with you.

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

It's nice to hear a rich NFL player is a damn good tipper.

7. Mizzo

Now that I think about it I've also waited on Nolan Ryan, but it's no big deal cause he comes to the restaurant I work at a lot. I hate baseball, but I guess it's kinda cool that he beat up that dude who charged the mound. Also, he rocks the 15% tip :rolleyes:. I'm not special, he gives it to everyone.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I know a bunch of celebrities that nobody has ever heard of. :p

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I was checking out at a department store in line with Andre Dyson. I've hung out with Tyrone Calico a few times, but back when he was in college.

That's it.

I met Jason Alexander, but it was an acting masterclass, so it's not really the same.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Scottie Pippen is a cool guy. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned my dad's girlfriend was his agent. If anybody cares, we share the same favorite food, spaghetti with meat sauce :).

Marcus Allen is another one. He sweet talks old women, my grandmother specifically lol.

And Shawn Carter "Jay-Z". He's real cool, down to earth guy. Sean Combs "P. Diddy" too.

My high school coach set up some meetings with ex Oiler players, the sad thing is I forgot their names. They were all lineman, maybe thats why. Still to this day I wonder how we were the New York Giants team of the month in September 2004, and never met those guys. but somehow we meet players from Houston Texas.

Also met Dwayne Johnson "The Rock".

Then there's those authors, but they're hardly celebrities to me.

Nearly forgot about the Jets Vladimir Ducasse, and Vikings John Sullivan.

I've found that you'll meet a lot of famous people in nearly any NYC restaurant or park. They're regular people for the most part, and do like their privacy. But if you're like "hey Scottie, hows the yacht" they'll laugh and play nice lol.

I know there's another name I'm forgetting, but owell.

Oh yeaaaa, Jerry Springer, how the hell could I ever forget meeting him LOL. Steve Wilkos too. All normal guys with nice jobs.

I'm hoping to meet Charlie Sheen next month, he'll be up this way doing a comedy tour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar