In this corner...XBOX 360, in this corner Ps3

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Big TT, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

The fact is what you are saying is definitely an oversimplification. There's more to it than just one line of "if you like shooters, get this one, if you like better variety, get that one". Yes the 360 is top heavy in shooters, but that does not mean that the only good games on the 360 are shooters. There are many other games that got good reviews that are not FPS's....and of course Puck has done his duty of pointing them out :ha:

They are not moot in the context of what I was originally trying to say. He should find games he likes or thinks he'll like. Then if he finds out that some are not exclusive to one system, then that game doesn't have to sway him either way.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I never said the only good games are shooters on the 360. The best ones are, with the exception of Mass Effect.

*sigh* They are good games. Not 'killer apps', not must get games. Every system has games rating in the 8s that are of different genres.

The great, killer games. The must gets are shooters.
    Not many are of a different genre, unlike the PS3. And the PS3 has a lot more coming.

Heck anyone can get a game of any genre, all systems have them. Whether they are worthwhile is another question.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Ok Gunny, so games that have a rating of only 8-8.9 are not strong enough to consider for the decision on what system to get? That's is too limiting.

And besides, just going by someone else's rating is a bit limiting too. I know it's not easy to figure out if a game will be to your liking, but going by someone else's scores alone isn't the bottom line to me. I've read up on games, played them at friend's houses, and/or rented them to try and get a better idea if they were worth buying.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Shouldn't that be the answer the to initial post.

Look, I am not saying the PS3 is better than the 360, I am just saying the killer games on the 360 are mostly shooters. While the PS3 ones are more randomised.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'm gonna make this REAL simple:

Get a 360 IF:

-You want more variety, more exclusives in your gaming library.
    -You want a more robust online experience, and are willing to pay a monthly fee.
    -You have a preference for HD-DVD movies.

Get a PS3 IF:

-You are a more casual online gamer (as I am), and are willing to get a more stripped down but FREE internet experience.

-You enjoy Blu-Ray products.

-You want a very high performing, durable, extremely well made console.

-You want to play Metal Gear Solid 4.

Pretty simple at this point.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the point was that you had said that the 360 had little variety
    I'm merely demonstrating that their is ample variety

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

with a little patience and some simple organizational skills, I can show you how to get BOTH ... for FREE (well, not entirely free)
    the wife participated in 2 online programs that netted us a 360 for about $60, and a Ps3 for about $110 (and each could have been less) and no, these were not the campaigns where you have to get a bunch of referrals

why settle for just one

8. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

How? I almost pulled myself to do one of those websites to get a PS3 the other day, but I had to get all of the referrals and crap... and I just lost interest.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

All consoles have variety. Whether they are good, great or not is a different issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar