In the end

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Stephenson, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I can't hinge all my hopes on a guy called Rusty. We're doomed.

In all seriousness though... I really can't say I have high hopes going into the end of our season. Our defence has become porous and our offense was uninspiring before this; we've seen rookies come in and dominate unexpectedly before, but odds aren't that great.
    The crucial thing is, I don't have faith in this being a team that could win in spite of their quarterback, y'know?

2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Agree, but in reality we were heading to 9-7 or 8-8 anyway after the past three games. I saw us splitting against the Cows, somewhere between splitting and losing two with the Colts, struggling to beat the Hags and Chiefs, but getting at least one of these. Our defense has fallen over a cliff, and we are just making too many ticky tack errors/stupid penalties on the field.

I wanted to give VY this year to show that he has turned the corner, and his year is over. He did not show me that he turned the corner, so it is time for us to turn the page, IMO. This is a great opportunity for us to evaluate what we have with Rusty before next years' draft and free agency (assuming there is a season, which, as an optimist, I believe there will be).

3. amy

amy Starter

Many times, committment and Will wins out over talent. I don't go to games, so all I have to go on is what the camera shows. Sunday, the camera showed Rusty hanging over Dinger's shoulder, listening to the play planning. I didn't see Vince so he wasn't standing by Dinger. just saying

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eVTXPUF4Oz4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eVTXPUF4Oz4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, I'm looking forward to seeing how a guy like Rusty plays in this offense. I could see him thriving with the receivers we have now. I'm still a Titans fan, even though I still consider myself a VY fan and want to see him take over the team. But if Rusty is under center I want to see him do well - there are still 51 other guys on Sunday that are busting their tails who deserve a good QB.

The whole player fan vs. team fan thing has really changed with fantasy football. It's designed to emphasize players, and you do kinda become a fan of individuals. If VY were cut/left I'd still be a Titans fan and probably still be a VY fan. Same with CJ, Bulluck, even McNair had me (gasp) rooting for the Ravens on occasion. Unthinkable crime, I know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar