In search of better start, no two-a-days for Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>Still combing through some stuff from last week's owners' meetings, and found this interesting nugget from Gary Kubiak.</p> <p>An 0-4 start last year killed the Texans -- and Hurricane Ike was a contributing factor to that.</p> <p>But it was hardly the only bad start in the team's short history:</p> <p>2008: 0-4<br /> 2007: 2-0, 3-2<br /> 2006: 0-3<br /> 2005: 0-6<br /> 2004: 0-2, 2-3<br /> 2003: 1-2, 2-5<br /> 2002: 1-5</p> <p>Kubiak has done a lot of thinking about how to get out of the gate better, and one of the resulting changes will be to the training camp schedule.</p> <p>"We got off to a bad start last year and buried ourselves in a hole," Kubiak said. "It's important to get off to a good start. We did two years ago (2-0 in 2007). As a staff, we looked real hard at reasons we didn't get off to a good start. I'm looking at us doing things a little different in practice early in the season and then at some things at the back end of the season.</p> <p>"I plan on changing training camp a little, too. We're going to go strictly to one-a-days in camp. We're going to work in the morning and walk-through in the afternoon. In the past, we changed near the back end of the season, and we may do it from the get-go this season by practicing earlier in the day."</p>

More...
  2. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

i wonder if they'll do full contact during mini camps this year?
  3. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

in search of a better start the texans look for better players!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.