In Layman’s Terms: This Young Man

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: You’ve been doing it all your life. There may be others out there trying to do the same thing, but nobody does it like you do.

When you hit a certain age, you know you’re special. You absolutely dominate against everyone else, and though there are people out there trying to tell you to change this or try that, the fact remains that you dominate – you’re an unorthodox person, and that suits you just fine.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Good read.

Not to start another "bash Young" thread but we had a running thread during his rookie year as to whether or not it was a good idea to start Young so early. Before that season, Reese and Fisher both talked about a two-year plan where he'd sit back and watch Volek or Collins and learn. When Collins started out so bad, Bud forced their hand.

I believed then he should hold a clipboard, learn the offense, work on mechanics and then step in at some point in his second season. I think he would be a much better QB today if he had.

Funny how Fisher now feels he could learn watching Collins run the offense. He's even thinking of putting him up in the coaches box this Sunday.

If it is the direction to go in now, why wasn't it two season's ago?

3. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

The biggest issue is if he can pull off being a "student of the game" and if "somebody can tell him something."

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Two words- contract extension. :)

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Like you said, Collins horrendous start forced their hand, and VY did so good (ROY), but no one knew VY would digress to where he is now.
    Yeah, let him do the clipboard this season (and next) and he should be ready...

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

yeah he had a terrible start but don't forget he was named the starter without even knowing the play book. If something happened to Collins right now the same situation would occur with Simms.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If this was left up to Fisher, I think Collins would have stayed in. Bud is the one who made it happen.

8. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

:werd:

9. 32Tyler10

32Tyler10 Camp Fodder

This is an excellent article. I truly hope VY can turn it around and be our franchise QB. How VY responds to this will tell us where he stands as our QB.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I was worried where this article was headed, but I completely agree with where it ends up. I really don't think the shot at his rookie stats was fair, because they were as good as or better than most rookie starting QBs. But like I said, I think the final paragraph is plain and simple truth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar