In comparison to other teams..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KillerTitanFan, Sep 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KillerTitanFan

KillerTitanFan Starter

In comparison to other teams, I've come to the conclusion that the Titans are woefully behind.

Watching GB, NYG, WAS today, these teams look so much better than we do. Playcalling, speed, developed talent.....even the uniforms look brighter and more professional.

Titans have banked too much on loser draft, offseason players that have a "potential upside" so they can sign them on the cheap. I say fire that asshat Steve Underwood and put his salary towards someone else who can take a better hand in things.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  2. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

You mean the team with the worst record in the NFL the past two years is woefully behind the competition?

What an astounding observation. Tell me more.

• LOL x 5
    • High Five x 2
    • Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. KillerTitanFan

KillerTitanFan Starter

He's the president and CEO of the team still...

4. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

5. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

I just don't think we are that far off. We play undisciplined and have too many untimely penalties. We could be 3-0 if just a few things go our way and we have a2nd year qb. It should be understood he is going to make mistakes. I think we are an OC and some good CB play from being a solid team. and we need 2 WR that will fight for the ball like DW will.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No. He's the president. He was hired to find someone and then they decided to hire him.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think that move alone is a statement to what the Titans have been all about over the last few years. Only the Titans would allow the guy to resign his position and not be able to find a replacement so they rehire him.
    Aside from that, I do think JRob is making some great changes. During the preseason and earlier, many of the fans here had a realistic outlook on the team that 6-10/7-9 was the absolute best they could put together. Not many thought the turnaround would happen in 1 year. They need to work through a lot of the mistakes they are making and JRob needs to continue cleaning house for next year. This are the same kinds of losses the Titans have been taking for years. Hopefully by year's end, they will scrounge together a couple more wins than the previous years just to show, even just a little bit, of improvement.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I've always said I'd be glad with 5-6 wins this year. That will either meet or exceed our win total over the last two years. Anything above that is gravy...anyone expecting more than that is just insane lol...

Learning how to win close games will come...I wanted to see this team come out and compete and not look like they are completely out matched. Thus far they haven't looked too horribly out classed even in the loses in my opinion.

Truth be told this game and the last made one thing very clear...we need to upgrade our CBs (not a big surprise there), and we need to increase our speed and talent at WR. As a Mariota supporter I'd be the first to say he's not playing great and needs to step it up, but that also starts with upgrading the talent around him. Everyone applauds Carr, but if you look at the plays his WRs make, and compare them to the Titansm the Titans just simply don't have the horses on the outside...I also think the O-Line play needs to play MUCH MUCH better as well.

The Offensive Play calling needs to be MUCH MUCH better as well. That one draw play in 3rd in long was just about as bad as play selection I've ever seen. Also when Murray got hot I'm not quite sure why they didn't KEEP FEEDING HIM THE BALL? When the Raiders tried to take it away I'm not sure why we didn't go to the AIR? For this team to have EXOTIC coined as part of the name of its playbook, we are way too predictable.

#8 cozmicfool, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 2
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Woefully behind but the Titans are 4 plays away from being 3-0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar