in case we had forgotten

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by notsolegato, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

There a lot of optimistic Titans fans. Optimistic about Vince Young. But realistically, this team is a year away from making any kind of serious bid for the playoffs.

You act like Billy Volek is no question the better option to hold down the fort until Young is ready. Based on what, exactly? Having about 1/15th the starting experience as Collins? Having ended up on IR twice in 10 career starts and leaving a third game he started due to injury?

2. nendzone

Yesterday's play was one player (Hill) blowing a man coverage and another (Thompson) taking a horrible angle on a play he really could have made after the catch.

In this particular instance, I wouldn't put it on Schwartz. And Thompson repeatedly takes bad angles. It's something they've harped on this offseason in particular, and he's still not getting it.

I'm really ready to see the next guy (Fuller? Lowry? TBD?) get a chance.

3. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

So who would you replace him with coach ?
    I think you just hate him because of the hair dont ya ?

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Can Harris play Free Safety?

5. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

Dont get me wrong, I understand Thompson isnt that great and im not here trying to argue that. All im saying is AT THIS POINT IN TIME he is all we got until we find better. The topic started off by blasting Thompson for getting burned which wasnt true. ( on the pass anyway ). I think Vinny Fuller will be Thompson's replacement in the future.

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

not lamonts coverage. He was the one that stopped the TD. And the reciever had position on Lamont because he was coming back across the field. We did not give up another huge pay the rest of the time he was in.

7. nendzone

I don't blame Thompson for the guy making the catch. Hill did blow the coverage right off the line. (Only redeeming thing for Hill: he motored down the field to help force the guy out of bounds before he scored.)

I do blame Thompson for once again, taking a questionable angle in his "backup" responsibilities from the deep safety spot. Turned what would've been a decent gain into a HUGE play that set up a TD.

IMO.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Thanks for the compliment, and I would replace him with Fuller. Or re-sign Lance.

Yes that must be it....

9. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I've always said LT sucked and all he does is prove my point time and time again. There is no reason that he should ever get burned that bad. EVER! I wouldn't be surprised to see the Titans grab another safety this week. I'm not sure what, if any, quatlity safeties there are out there that will become available but Fish and Reese have both made it known that there will be some new faces picked up after these final cuts are made.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

LLLLLLLLAAAAAAAANNNNNNNCCCCCCEEEEEE

and that guy had swagger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar