in case we had forgotten

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by notsolegato, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notsolegato

notsolegato Camp Fodder

lamont thompson could be the worst safety in the nfl.

2. He could be, I thought he was going to be much better from what I saw last season, but so far in the pre-season, its been pretty much the same:hmm:

3. that was i was saying the whole time i was watching the game, if we could get someone instead of him, and put tulluck in instead of sirmon, were set on D

4. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

IMO, Hill is the one making Thompson look so bad, not that Thompson is all that great but Hill isnt helping things either. Hill is got to go not Thompson.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Same excuse last year.

The guy sucks.

6. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

Maybe he would be a little better if he didnt have to play his role PLUS babysit Hill.

7. KFC_hahahaha

KFC_hahahaha Guest

I would be more worried about Kerry Collins if I was a titans fan....

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well Lamont has the history of not being good.

Cut in his 2nd year from the Bengals (of all teams)
    Burnt to a crisp last year (when Hill wasn't even on the active roster)
    And still getting burnt this year.

9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

If you were a Titans fan you would know that Kerry or Bill are in reality just trivial concerns for the team. Niether player will lead this team to contention. Whoever is behind center is just keeping it warm until the heir to Air is ready to ascend to the starting role.

What is of concern is getting our young players who will be on this team over the next few years in position to be succesful. Deciding what we're going to do at the safety position, or guard, or middle linebacker is a lot more important IMO than this whole Collins/Volek soap opera. In my mind if this team has a chance to achieve any level of success this year it won't be due to consistantly steller play from either Volek or Collins. It will be due to a tenacious D, a grinding running game and outstanding special teams. Will the team be able to achieve this with Lamont, Sirmon, and Piller in the starting line-up? I think that's of concern to Titans fans.

If the Titans are in the position of looking to either of Collins or Volek to carry the team to victory week in week out, it's going to be long sack filled season.

10. KFC_hahahaha

KFC_hahahaha Guest

Hmmm, So I guess there are never any optimistic Titans fans?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar