Improvements to Save Our Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JerseyTitan, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerseyTitan

JerseyTitan Rookie

I've watched our first two games a few times each, and I am very concerned with amount of problems with this team. The offensive line play (both run-blocking and pass-protecting) has been terrible, Locker only has seconds to go through his progressions before he has a defender in his face, and CJ keeps has try to dance around the big wall instead of running through an opening (I'm not a fan of his running style of the past two years, just no physicality). As for Locker, he looked pretty good against the Pats, and I think that if Nate came down with that ball instead of dropping it/getting injured, the outcome of that game may have been a whole lot different (Locker would not have hurt his shoulder and we would have had some momentum already in field goal position). However, in the first half of the Chargers game, Locker played very poorly. Many of his passes all game were inaccurate and drive-killing, he must improve his accuracy and decision making (that pick off his back foot on the first drive was unforgivable) to lead this team to victories.

On defense, we get enough pressure on the opposing QB to make him uncomfortable (4 sacks last game is pretty darn good), but that isn't to say that the d-line doesn't need some improvements. The biggest problem is that our coverage in the secondary is almost nonexistent. The safeties are the largest cause of this problem, but our young corners have been underwhelming, despite being physical and aggressive. The team has 5 sacks and 1 pick right now, not quite the top ten defense I was hoping for in the preseason.

I know this team has enough talent to be competitive against teams like the Patriots and Chargers, but their play these last two weeks has been terrible. What improvements can we make now to salvage the season, before we dig ourselves to deep a hole to climb out of?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You're a better fan than I if you have managed to watch each game multiple times

• High Five High Five x 6
  3. JerseyTitan

JerseyTitan Rookie

I watch the games on NFL Rewind. If you watch the condensed version (that only shows the plays), the game will take only 30-45 minutes. I just want to get a grasp of every aspect of the team, thats why I watch so much.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'd be hanging from a noose in my basement right now if I watched this team's games multiple times.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I know but considering how incredibly bad we have been...you are dedicated or a glutton for punishment.

6. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

You keep hanging in there, soldier.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

This time next week JerseyTitan checks into AA.

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I watch EVERY Titans game multiple times!! Usually more than twice too. I just have too. It has been unpleasant this year to be nice about it. Do the Titans even have a strength coach? If so, who is he, and why hasn't he been replaced yet?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I think Rusty does that for'em on the side.

Also stop trying to steal JerseyTitans glory. :boo:

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. RTH

RTH Meh...

Figure out how to get the blocking going... everything else will fall into place.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar