Important Wr News In Free Agency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

First, the good news. It appears WR Kevin Curtis is scheduled to meet with the Titans after he visists the Giants. However, it appears he's not a happy camper and has fired his agent for not getting him a contract with Detroit. I believe that means he has to wait 5 days before another agent can represent him or he has to represent himself. Given this, it's unclear if he'll even actually meet with the Giants or keep his scheduled meet with the Titans.

The bad news is that reportedly Dontae Stallworth is in the NFL's substance abuse program though it's unclear as to whether or not this is from a previous violation, a new violation, or if it's true or not. With the league investigating (presumably they KNOW whether he's in the program or not) the 'leak,' we probably wouldn't sign him for huge more nor for long. And given Pac's situation, I can't see the Titans pursuing a player with that kind of press and risk unless we got him for cheap for a year.

Kevin Curtis is looking more and more attractive!!!

Gut

2. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Thanks for the info Gut.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't even want Kevin Curtis.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think curtis could be a nice complimentary WR, but not someone who will scare a defense. he really is an unknown. the one year he was able to start a handful of games(2005) he put up some decent numbers, but nothing special.

in 2005 when he had those 60 receptions, he only dropped 3 balls. pretty good ratio.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/395944

5. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

He would be a good role playing WR, but not #1 quality. We really need Givens back bad.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Kevin who?

7. SuperFreak90

SuperFreak90 Starter

I would rather have Kevin Curtis than Drew Bennett.

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Exactly......

Has it become so bad that we want anyone, even another teams 3rd-4th wideout, and pay him starter money. I'd rather keep the dough and wait for the draft. Kevin curtis?????,,....Kevin Curtis???, Wes Walker,....Donte Stallworth (injury prone to death) These mid-tier recivers getting paid!! OMG, Boy, this is getting absurd.

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Youre crazy

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

To be fair, Curtis is a 3rd WR because he's behind Tory Holt and Issac Bruce... That's a hard pair to be behind. He's had a reputation as a solid WR, just not a ton of opportunity to show it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar