Importance of the OL...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

12 of the 20 starting OL left in the playoffs were drafted in the 1st or 2nd rnd. I think that is a pretty shocking number considering that in the draft oftentimes OL seem to get devalued. Obviously these franchises don't devalue the importance of the OL.

Interestingly though the highest drafted center is Jonathan Goodwin who was a 5th rnder. Birk was a 6th rnder. McClure was a 7th rnder and Wendell for the Pats was UDFA.

Every remaining team has an OG that was drafted in the 1st or 2nd rnd.

The Titans have got to start investing in the OL. Stop this we can coach them all up crap and draft some guys you can plug in as starters from day #1. Your franchises future rests on Locker and CJ. Both would be helped a ton by having an improved OL.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't think anyone would argue that we don't need to improve the O-Line.

3. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

We need to have a good free agency.(i.e. a SS, DT and a top OG)

if we do that I would be delighted about taking Warmack at 10.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Our center was undrafed, and i'm talking Velasco.. not Amano (although he also was UD).
    Then we're going to sign Andy Levitre, a 2nd rounder.
    Then we're going to draft Chance Warmack, in the first round.
    Roos - 2nd Rounder
    Stewart - 4th Rounder

Boom, OL fixed. Roos - Levitre - Velasco - Warmack - Stewart

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

If I'm the GM or head coach for the Titans right now, I am absolutely obsessed with upgrading the O-Line this offseason. It's by far the most important issue facing the team. It affects both sides of the ball. We have a young defense that will only improve and one cannot underestimate the positive affect of an offense that moves the ball for that defense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. xpmar9x

Please see my plan above. Extremely realistic and possible. Thanks Mr. GM.

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Using a 1st on an offensive lineman is just hard for me to want to do, but I like that line lol.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Its a boring pick, but it really does the most for your team.

9. xpmar9x

Trust me, i'm in the same boat. But, Warmack is amazing. He's phyiscally dominant with elite size, and a brain! Not only will he help our entire OL, he will also enhance Locker and CJ. CJ got 1200 yards with a crappy OL, imagine what he would of done with a semi-decent OL. Locker had two seconds to throw the ball, imagine what he would of done with a semi-decent OL. Warmack can come in and be a pro-bowl OG year 1.

Personally, I pray we trade back for him. I'm hoping Dee Milliner falls to us. The Bucs (who were agressive last year in trades) look to move up for him. They lost Talib, Ronde plays safety, and EJ Biggers was their #1 CB (#1 Run D & 32nd Pass D - funny!). They look to trade up to secure Milliner, because chances are SD (who may lose Jammer/Cason in FA) or Miami (who may lose Sean Smith in FA) and both have virtually no CB depth, may draft Milliner. We trade back to #13, and pickup an extra 4th (potentially 3rd).

We then take Warmack at #13.

10. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

I approve this post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar