IMO we're close

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tim, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim

Tim Starter

Posting this because I'm bored...

If we beefed up our secondary and D line I believe our defense would be close to something special.

I would love to see us draft some lineman this year so lets see what happens.

I want the G from bama or the S with our first pick. After that just add depth on our lines offense and defense. Draft is deep this year with talent.

Thoughts?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah sure, if we filled all of our holes we'd "be close". Same as every other team in the league. :)

But that's the good thing about the NFL. With the right moves, a bad team can turn around in a hurry. The question is whether our FO is capable of making the right moves.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

G, DT, DE, S and CB(probably QB too) needs. WE'RE SO CLOSE!

4. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

No doubt. We lack the intangibles at this point. I think we definitely have the personnel to get it done, just not the right personalities. The addition of some playoff vets who have been there done that will help immensely in my mind. Williams was the perfect hire for Tennessee. I'm certain he'll end up being the full time DC soon enough.

5. sikwiddit

sikwiddit Starter

Yep we are just 4 or 5 key players and a competent coaching staff away from being ..... something

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I feel this same way every single year minus 2005, but yet, we're still waiting.

Coming up with a plan is easy, making it happen isn't.

But now that our coaching staff is in the hot seat, maybe things work out.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

...To what?

8. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Honestly, all we need is a dominating defensive tackle and we are set on defense. Meaning it will cover our secondary flaws. Then a capable offensive line would give out player makers time to make plays. We really aren't as far off as everyone thinks their is no perfect team with a perfect roster.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

We are... young.

So that word "potential" has a better chance of being realized than some other teams.

With free agency and the draft we could fill most of the need spots BUT...

It all comes down to Locker. If he is just a mediocre NFL starting QB, that won't be good enough. The team won't be good enough to have a winning season without a QB that is at least in the top10 of the NFL. And that would be a big leap.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I find it funny that fans, and Jake Locker all say "we're close", but yet for some reason, Chris Johnson says we're "far away like the moon", but he'll run for 2500-yards he says...

How's that make any sense?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar