I'm warming up to Ginn... somewhat...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Starkiller, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Anyone can sneak behind a defense given enough time. Why is that a good reason to take Ginn over the others?

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Not anyone could do it as well as Ginn. Ginn can run right by people while they're expecting him to do so. With Vince distracting, it'd be cake.

3. Despite Ginn's speed, I still can't really get behind drafting him. He's just too much like other top WR picks who were speed merchants and great returners. I don't want to draft the next Desmond Howard, Rocket Ismail, or Tim Dwight with our first round pick.

If no one better is there then maybe, but I'd probably prefer to just trade down in that case. If they take him I won't bash them for it (I'll have faith in whoever the pick), but I just have too many doubts about him at this point.

4. well i mean, he can be taught to run routes, and his hands seem fine to me, so i dont see why it is such a big risk to take him... he cant drop anymore passes than bennet

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Huh? This whole thread came about because you told us you were warming to it......

6. well hes warming up to him, and liking the sound of it better, but still wouldnt fully support the pick, hence the "somewhat" in the title

7. I said "somewhat". And I also said I'd still prefer a DE or DT, all things considered.

Basically I just came back to me normal sense of not liking to draft WRs early. Especially ones who remind me of former busts...

8. His hands don't really bother me. It's the lack of anything other than speed that he brings to the table.

He isn't a good route runner. He isn't big. He isn't physical. And he really hasn't had a very productive college career as a WR.

As for wheter he can be taught to run good routes, maybe he can and maybe he can't. Not every WR learns...

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

If Ginn didn't return kicks he would probably be a 3rd round WR based on just his receiving skills that's not good enough for me to take him at 19. I want a WR if we even go that way not an unpolished return man. Meachem makes the most sense to me for WR. He's big at 6'3 211 lbs. with very good speed in the low 4.4's to high 4.3's and good hands. He has great potential and tools to work with. Him and VY could become very dangerous.

Now saying all that I want Def. round 1 maybe Revis, Houston or Jamaal Anderson if we trade up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar