I'm Very Curious..........

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Chapparal97- Since you're such a Mother Teresa, will you send me some Christmas gifts?

What's calling people out on not giving Wal Mart gifts out got to do with people not liking Jeff Fisher?

Would you buy Jeff Fisher a plane ticket out of Nashville, since you're in such a giving mood?

2. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Hmmm... That seems like the post-salary cap hell years and VY era. AKA, not enough talent at key positions.

3. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Jeff Fisher's like the Democratic President of the U.S of A. He's one of the most qualified people for a highly regarded job but there's entirely too many variables to come out on top and Bud Adams is the Top Republican passing laws (VY) in spite of the President's wishes and plans for success. If only there were more Tom Brady's and Peyton Mannings.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hfYJsQAhl0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hfYJsQAhl0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

5. pettso

pettso Starter

Yes, Fisher should get credit when the team does well, and he does. ESPN has a weekly coach approval rating poll (http://espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/coach?coachId=12) that shows his lowest approval rating after a win being 84%. Few people were complaining about his performance when the team was winning.

That being said, I agree its a lot more complicated than most people make it seem. The way I see it is winning cures everything. Any problems will be put aside after a win, but that doesn't make them go away entirely. As soon as something goes wrong, the problems will always reappear.

Although this season isn't entirely Fisher's fault, he has made some very poor decisions that have had serious repercussions. Most of those stem from his issues with VY off the field. He really had no faith in his starting QB and that's always a recipe for disaster, especially when the skilled players seem to have had full faith in their QB.

Also, I think the 5-3 record we had going into the bye was a result of a lot of things going our way. We had the #1 scoring offense in the league while being the around #18 in yards. We had a top 5 scoring defense while being around 15 in yards. That just doesn't add up and it was bound to catch up to us. I had a post on this a while back where I criticized people calling us a "great red zone defense" with a great pass rush but that's another topic.

Personally, I've given Fisher the benefit of the doubt for far too long. These past two years have really left a sour taste in my mouth. I understand that not every team is capable of winning. At the same time, I feel I can also see when a team is being mismanaged.

Living in Seattle, I am really impressed by Pete Carroll. The Seahawks are in rough shape. Very depleted talent wise and they have a below average QB in Hasselbeck. I feel as though he's done everything in his ability to make the team play as well as they possibly can. I can't say the same about Fisher.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'd been pretty much a Fisher fan throughout even the leanest of years including how he mishandled Pacman. That changed last season when I felt he didn't do nearly enough to add experienced depth at CB. Granted, he's not the GM and there may have not been a lot of options out there but I can't believe the Titans went into the season with rookies behind their starting CBs.

The returner issues fell squarely on Fisher's shoulders, IMO. I felt it was a major factor in two of the first six losses and hurt the team the entire season.

I believe it's time to make a change.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I give Fisher less of a pass on personnel issues since Reese left. Yes, the GM is still the decision maker but Reese and Fisher were in a power struggle for control over those decisions and Fisher won. It's hard to believe that the new guy on campus Reinfeldt doesn't follow Fisher's lead on most player decisions.

In the past few years we've drafted decently and had some decent FA pickups. But left certain gaping holes in positions from KR/PR to CB and now DL and S. You could argue RB as well. In almost each case (DL my only exception) it was due to an over-confidence in an existing player's ability to get it done. That has Fisher's fingerprints all over it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

I think the OP is nearing troll territory.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Or are seemingly incapable of understanding. Funny that some folks take a tiny tidbit info and shout it from the mountaintops as if they were intimately involved in every detail...

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm totally with you Jeff. I have been bashing Fish lately but it's only because I have supported and defended him through some of the worst times yet we are in such a mess that I have finally given up on Fish. I always noticed that he has this arrogance about him and this couldn't be more obvious than in these past couple years. He mishandled the Pacman situation yet I still had his back. And now he has more than mishandled the situation with Vince.

If he has been so certain that Vince isn't the guy then you would think that a coach of Fisher's caliber (perceived around the league caliber) would have no problem standing up to his owner and saying "I can't win with this guy".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar