I'm Very Curious..........

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Awesome! Good Job! too bad more people don't do the same.

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Nobody here cares that you volunteer.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

They probably sold whatever you gave them and got some Jack.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

ESL

you know what, do what you want.

Good for you.

No Sarcasm

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I'm from the - feed a man a fish feed him for a day
    beat a man with a fish and he will be dazed - school

6. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

I literally laughed out loud at this thread. and to top it all off, whenever someone makes a counter point OP just says "aha i knew you would fall into that trap, i baited you so good"

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Great post and I agree with everything said. However, let's add a few things into the mix.

If we are going to blame Fisher when the players don't play well, shouldn't we also give him the credit when the team does? If so, was he was a good coach at the end of October when the Titans were 5-2 but now sucks because the team has been 0-6 since?

Did Fisher change scheme? Change how he prepares during the week? Probably not. So which team reflects Fisher's coaching abilities? The games we saw up to the bye week or the ones after?

All I'm saying is that I think it's a much more complex issue than many here seem to realize. We look for a scapegoat whether it's the head coach or the player who makes a glaring error when, in reality, it's a combination of many factors at play.

There's plenty of blame to spread all around for a team who is underachieving. Replacing Fisher and the coaching staff solves nothing if the Titans don't make improvements at a number of positions starting with QB.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The NFL is designed for teams to be mediocre. Those which seem to be consistently above average since 2000 are those who hit on a quality QB. I give Payton credit as a coach but he's nothing without what Brees brings to the table. Same for the Pats, Packers, Eagles and Colts over the last decade. Remove their QBs and you have mediocrity. The exception are the Ravens and Steelers who had superior talent on defense.

Does anyone doubt Fisher wouldn't be wearing a ring if Peyton Manning or Tom Brady was his QB? What about Ray Lewis or Troy Polamalu on defense?

When the Titans had a motivated superstar on defense in '08, and a rising superstar at RB, it was the main reasons the Titans ended up 13-3.

Coaching is important but talent will always trump coaching. That's why I say that just changing the coach won't solve everything. Without upgrading some of the players on the field, it'll have limited impact.

9. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Here's what's happening.

OP trolls, then responds afterwards claiming any answer is the wrong answer but will not take a firm stance on the subject at hand. (Troll trap set)

OP then returns to respond but instead of addressing any comments made by posters, instead claims that everyone who posted is now under them because of a random act he claims to have executed makes him holier than thou. (Troll trap executed)

Now this thread is filled with those responding to OP about something he claims to have done and/or something he claims we all have done.

Result: Troll thread with no real discussion.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Well you're a regular Kris Kringle Chapparal. And I love that you can't see the irony in starting a thread to tell the masses here that they are all dead wrong in their opinions on Jeff Fisher and then turning around and saying everyone here should be out helping those in need instead of posting on GoTitans.com.

Seriously, it's good that you did something nice. But enough with the holier-than-thou act. Believe it or not, it's not all that hard to find the time to do good things AND post on an internet forum. You did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar