I'm Very Curious..........

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

When a team (Titans) is down or loses, why is it the coaches fault?

There are 53 players (45 active) that actually play in the game. They are very well compensated. The coaches can't get on the field and play, the players do.

The players have learned and lived the game since they were children. They already know fundemantals by the time they hit college. As a pro, why should they have to be taught how to throw, block, tackle, etc when they've done it all their lives?

The dumbest thing I keep seeing is that ya'll keep blaming the coaches for a mid-20 to mid-30 year old millionare's mistakes. Why? It makes no sense. Why not blame the players individually? Fisher and his staff gets 95% of the blame for the foibles of the players. Chris Hope is what, 32? he misses tackles, he should be replaced.....but its not the coaches fault he aged.

The point is, eventually YOU must point the finger at the players rather than the coaches. 4th and 1 in the 4th quarter was not a bad call, the players however did not execute.....not the coaches fault.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Poor game plan, poor play calling, poor preparation, poor motivation, poor clock management, poor talent evaluation, and poor decision making in clutch situations.

Pretty much sums it up.

• High Five High Five x 8
  3. Chapparal97

^^^ thats the typical sheeple response I expected. There'll be many other "programmed" answers too.

I put the bait out there for you guys......give me something good and earth shattering to change my mind. The same ol same old S*@t doesn't work.

4. amstrf89

amstrf89 Starter

I disagree with you almost 100%. I only high-fived you because you used the word "foibles." If a player hasn't been tackling all year, is it not the coaching staff's fault that at this point in the season he still can't tackle? If it's not, then is it not their fault that he's still starting?

Also what RavensShallBurn said

EDIT: I removed my high-five because you used the word "sheeple" in your next post.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I'm curious, when will people quit making excuses for the excuse master? The players are different, the results are the same, so what is the constant? The coach. Period. Now stop.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

When your team has gone on a 4+ game losing streak in five out of the last six seasons, you think we should be blaming the players more?

Sure, we've got a lot of crappy players on this team, but you can't continuously give Fisher a pass. 17 years with one team and no rings... this has never happened with any other coach in the history of the NFL.

Back to back seasons with 6 game losing streaks. Let's keep this guy! I'm trying to think of a coach who's ever even lost 6 straight games in consecutive seasons... if there is one I'm sure he was not asked to return.

7. Chapparal97

LOL.....I just enjoy THE GAME. "High fives" and "it sucks" are ridiculous anyway. That's Jeff's invention. I don't lose sleep over games that I can't control. I read the frenzied posts here and just shake my head. You sheeple should spend more time helping the Nashville Rescue Mission at Christmas rather than raging on a football coaching staff where you have zero control or even inside knowledge of their workings.

8. Chapparal97

OK people.......I threw out the bait. keep it going. Passion is good!

I'm heading out to imbibe in some adult beverages now, curious to what happens later......

9. SchindlersFist

SchindlersFist Camp Fodder

there motivation should be the check they get every two weeks like everyone else

10. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

I don't live in Nashville, but I work with the sick/disabled so I do my fair share. And when I'm off, I enjoy talking football. As do you, or you wouldn't be here or drinking alcohol. You'd be at the homeless shelter, wouldn't you?

Now, you think you've lain some trap, but you are wrong because there's nothing anybody can say that will convince you that we aren't "sheeple." The only trap is your own mind.

Funny thing is..the ones pushing for Fish to be gone are going against what the media is telling them. That is the antithesis of "sheeple"

I'll play your stupid game though....when a team that wins 5 of 7 games goes on to lose the next 6, that's on coaching. The guidance isn't there, the motivation isn't there, the game-planning isn't there.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar