I'm sick of Nick Harper

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by razordaman, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Blue

Titans Blue Camp Fodder

i just wish we would put rod hood in the game, he has made some plays when he played and where is he now? I don't want harper in there, I have seen to many times him get beat deep, and he is so far behind the WR.

2. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

The next time I see Harper play 10 yards off his man on a 3 and 6, I am coming to Nashville and slap the *&^! out of Haper, Cecil, and Fisher. I really hope that Bud is evaluating Fisher because he has to go. And I mean the day after the last game of the season. I love this team to much to be treated like this!

3. Toly

Toly Free your mind

I thought the DL did a good job putting pressure on Manning which was great considering that he hardly ever gets any pressure, let alone get sacked. He finished the game with a decent CMP but it was one of his lowest this season. I don't think you can ask more from a defense that has been one of the worst against the pass this season.

Bottom line is that the Titans knew coming into this game that they'd need to score a lot of points to keep up with the Colts, but the offense only managed to put up 10 points when it mattered. Game over.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I want to weigh in on this real quick, so I'll go back through the thread to catch up on what everyone's thinking.

Here's my dilemma with this guy. Harper tackles well, and that's great if the receivers in front of him instead of 15 yards up field. If he's so slow, and such a fine tackler then move him to safety where he can't get burned so bad. Harper isn't the worst corner in the NFL as many keep saying, he's simply the worst corner in the league for the Titans scheme. He'd do well in other places just not in Tennessee where a hint of athleticism is needed. Rod Hood must really be hiding some dirty little secrets not to be starting over Harper. I don't think Hood's ever been the corner Nick Harper once was, but lately that little bit of extra speed Hood possesses is needed. I'm for Hood getting more play time because of his ability to stick with receivers than I am him collecting dust while Harper's burned every 5 plays. Fuller has that nickle spot pretty well wrapped up, and so I can't see Harper ever finding the field if his play ends up benching him. This loyalty Fisher has to Harper is almost as bad as his love for Collins was.

Bud Adams, make another call before a winning season goes down the drain.

Deion Sanders once said "tackling is for linebackers". His cover skills were second to none. I'll take a corner that can cover and knock balls down than one who can wrap up.

5. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

If we draft a CB in the first round FISHY is not gonna play him right away he is gonna have to wait 8 to 10 games to become the stater.
    Truly if we draft a DE in fisrt I bet fishy will get another 7 round CB hoping he gets another FINNY but most likely it will be another Reynaldo.
    Our best change is to play macourty because hood and harper are to old and lack speed.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

37 attempts. Two hurries. Zero sacks.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. 10titan

10titan Camp Fodder

No Respect: Most-Targeted Defenders:
    Worst Burned Rate: The Carolina Panthers' Chris Gamble has allowed 74.0 percent of the passes attempted against him to be completed. That's the worst mark among all corners who have defended at least 33 passes this year (an average of three per game). The Titans' Nick Harper is second (72.5 percent) followed by the Seahawks' Josh Wilson (69 percent), the Colts' Tim Jennings (67.3 percent) and Dolphins rookie Vontae Davis and Texans veteran Dunta Robinson at 64.7 percent each.

8. AH3

AH3 Rookie

And to make matters worse... (from the same website)

Worst Burned Rate: Out of the league's safeties who have been targeted at least 33 times, the Houston Texans' Bernard Pollard has been burned the most (72.2 percent). The Jaguars' Reggie Nelson is next (71.1 percent), followed by the Titans' Chris Hope (67.6 percent), the 49ers' Dashon Goldson (66.7 percent) and the Titans' Michael Griffin (66.7 percent).

BOTH of our safeties made the list for most burned safeties. At least we have Finnegan.

9. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

lol

lol

lol

Just call us the Tennessee Toasties!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar