I'm pretty convinced Munchak wants Locker

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TheSureThing, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Locker was basically a one read and then take off QB in college.
    He scored worse than Newton on the Wonderlick.
    His passing numbers aren't impressive at all.
    His win/loss record in college isn't impressive at all.
    He regressed as a passer his senior year and can't pass well from the pocket.
    People hype Locker's leadership despite not really being that successful in college.

Now, IF Locker was a black guy (be honest now) with that Wonderlick, his passing efficiency and his style as a running QB woould he not be labeled as just another running black QB who might have some potential but would need a considerable amout of work?
    Note: think Tyrod Taylor here although Taylor's passing numbers are far superior.

We could do the same thing with Newton in reverse(who also had superior passing numbers). Would he be considered as stupid if he were white (no he would be considered to be smarter than Locker if Locker was black since Locker scored less on the test). Would he not get more credit for his passing ability if he was white?
    Newton was as successful as a QB can be last year, rushed for almost 1500 yards, accounted for 50 TDs, won a national championship. My God if the guy was white he would be touted as being a GREAT leader as he took a decent Auburn team on his back (that maybe gets a bowl bid) to the SEC championship, toughest conference in the nation and then wins the biggest prize of all, the national championship.

I've seen the perception on these guys and although many won't admit it or can't see it the racial bias is there. Not saying Newton is a perfect prospect but Locker gets every benefit of the doubt and has all kinds of excuses made for him while Newton gets nit picked as bad as any QB I've ever seen and gets no credit for his accomplishments.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

:lol2: :biglaugh: Oh snikies that was good. I'm dying over here laughing.

3. 24

24 Starter

Boom. I'm about to reel in 1000 points.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

He didn't do much better in the CFL, either. :rolleyes:

5. pettso

pettso Starter

I don't think either Locker or Newton are overly smart. If VY is smart enough to be a franchise QB (I think he is) then they're both smart enough to be franchise QBs. It doesn't even matter though, you're taking my argument as anti Newton. I'm not arguing that we draft Locker over Newton. I'm arguing that Locker is the best pick for the Titans. Newton will be gone so it doesn't even mater.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Lock's agent is David Dunn, what idiot would not have one? And where in the hell did you get that $62M from?

And what could ever be wrong about any player getting advice from his own dad?

Ok ok he controls his destiny and can't throw accurately in the pocket. Great pick!

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Locker just Tweeted that all the haters can kiss his butt and you are not welcome to his wedding in July.

8. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

The entire point of what he was saying is that he made decisions for himself, not just where he could get a deal with his dad's smooth talking like all the buzz surrounding Newton's pay for play scandal. Do you really need these things explained to you?

You don't even look at tape do you? You just assess issues and immediately deem them irreversible. Remarkable.

The $62 million could be either the MLB deal or the 1st overall pick last year... not sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar