Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

I'm pretty convinced Munchak wants Locker

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TheSureThing, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

Washington
    Moolah:
    $11,018
    Just listening to his press conferences he makes it almost obvious he wants Locker at #8. Here's a quote:

When asked about what type of QB would fit Palmer's system:

Could this sound anymore like Locker?

He also mentioned intangibles, and leadership, which I think he was hinting towards Locker having both.

Then he brought up Chris Palmer's ability to work with Eli Manning and improve his accuracy when talking about Locker..

If nothing else, I think this means we aren't touching Mallett..
  2. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,833

Sounds like Cam Newton would be the guy they want. He is the most mobile QB in the draft.

As for getting out of the pocket and running bootlegs there are several Qbs that can do that.

Please God tell me he is just trying to goad somebody into a trade. Please do not tell me they are taking Locker a 2nd rd prospect with the 8th pick. WTF!!!
  3. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,833
    Why would any coach or GM show his hand and hint at a player they really want? Maybe they want to trade back.
    1 people high five this.
  4. Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Kearse
    Moolah:
    $68
    Hey Rolltide

You might be onto something here. You haven't been this adamantly against a prospect since the time you incessantly posted that Chris Johnson was a waste of a #1 pick because the best case scenario was that he was another Kevin Faulk.
    1 people high five this.
  5. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,651
    For the love of God, please stop turning every thread into a thread about how much you love Cam Newton. WE GET IT.

I came here to add that Andy Dalton fits Munchak's description just as well as Jake Locker. He's plenty mobile.
    1 people high five this.
  6. Maker_84 Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $4,137
    terrible pick, we can go for a QB later in the draft. People forget how bad our defense was and we would have the most dominant defensive player in this draft available (Fairley) when it's our pick.
  7. Titaneers Ultimate Player

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,429
    don't forget about tyrod taylor and colin kaepernick........
    so to sum it up... this doesn't answer who munchak wants.... if you base it on QBs who can extend the play you get... locker, newton, kaepernick, dalton, taylor.... and i KNOW i'm missing someone else...
  8. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,651
    Gabbert is also pretty mobile.
  9. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,581
    Yup Gabbert ran a 4.61 40. I hope we don't draft Sunshine even tho he can move and escape the rush. People don't seem to realize tho that Locker is a RB playing QB. Only other player I've ever said is a RB playing QB was Michael Vick.
    1 people high five this.
  10. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,171
    Damn good one JC! I literally lol'd on that one. Sunshine, I swear I was thinking Gabbert looked like that dude from Remember the Titans too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.