I'm officially on the Jake Locker bandwagon.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

Theres a lot of terrible NFL quarterbacks who had over a 60% completion percentage in college...a lot..
  2. 24

24 Starter

That's not at all what I'm arguing.
  3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Rick Gosselin's final mock has Locker going to us at #8.

It also has Newton going to Carolina at 1, Gabbert going to San Fran at 7, Ponder going to Washington at 10 and Dalton going to Minnesota at 12.
  4. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

I'll eat a brick if Dalton and Ponder are both taken in the first 12 picks.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm on the Locker bandwagon too now. He has all the intangibles that you want in a QB. Sure his accuracy and consistency are iffy right now but like Tebow he's definitely the kind of guy who's gonna be willing to work day and night to improve. And considering he's a guy who could have been #1 in last year's draft I think he's a great value pick @ #8. Especially considering how shallow the QB pool is.

So scoot over people and make room because I'm officially on the Jake Locker bandwagon too.

:logo: The future begins tonight. Let's GO TITANS!!! :logo:
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

If Locker turns into a Cutler or Collins, I'll puke. So please stop saying that, it's nauseating.

As far as addressing his accuracy, Locker even said it himself, during the season he played his role as QB, it wasn't til the offseason where he could work on the little things. Give this kid a few months of just working on accuracy, and come training camp we'll see a difference. He now has NFL receivers too, in Washington he had nobodies. Kenny Britt will help make Locker look amazing, assuming we do draft him. And before anyone brings up his accuracy going down form 2009 to 2010 and there being little improvement overall, well he's only been playing traditional QB for two years under coach Steve Sarkisian. Skies the limit here.
  7. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

I guess you could say anything is possible but if his accuracy issues have to do with being anxious in the pocket, not seeing the field well or not being able to anticipate where the WR is going to be the kid has no chance and I think those things are issues. People talk like Newton is a one read and go guy but Locker wasn't any different. His best throws were when he knew where he was going and was able to throw a bullet. I simply think he will be out of his elague when he gets to the NFL and these weaknesses he showed in colelge will be amplified.
  8. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Ditto, Ill eat one if Ponder goes in the first round.
  9. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

any more room for me? I'm hoping on!
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Hope you have some water to wash that brick down with if it does happen.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.