I'm officially on the Jake Locker bandwagon.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24

24 Starter

What bandwagon? I started supporting him the moment he got drafted. I'm just trying to look at this objectively. Hindsight is 20/20, and Billick talks about how they made similar excuses for Boller.

1. The injuries I can buy. That is one of the few reasons I will accept.

2. Eli Manning had one of the worst OL when he played at Ole Miss. I don't buy it.

3. I can somewhat see the drops, I even brought it up back in early January.

4. From the games I watched, they didn't have very many underneath routes to bail him out. But, I don't think you can blame that on the TE. They usually went 1-1 set, but left the TE in to block. They had to, their OL was that bad.

5. They were winless his sophomore year. It's not hard to improve from that.

Also, if you need something to help you rationalize the Locker pick (which I've been doing), there's also this. He was 7 completions away from hitting 60% his junior year. 7 more catches, and we probably wouldn't even be having this discussion.

2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Does anyone know if Jake is on Twitter? I can't find him on there.

3. TDawg1313

TDawg1313 Starter

He doesn't. He doesn't do the social media thing. There's a few facebook profiles of him, but they are all fake.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I am liking him better all of the time....no twitter....gotta love it.

5. mud

mud Locker Fan Boy

latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/09/usc-football-pete-carroll-jake-locker-vince-young.html

interesting read as Carroll compares Locker and VY a couple of years ago.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Of course Carroll prefers Locker over Young, Vince Young killed him in front of millions of viewers. But really tho, who doesn't like this guy
    [​IMG]

Look at him, he's wearing a Titans shirt and hunting hat. He's just a regular guy who loves football. I can't wait to see what he's capable of with NFL blockers, and NFL receivers. All the excuses we're seeing and hearing, we put those out there, not Jake Locker. He's already a pro.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Just based off intangibles, he's 20x better than VY already.

8. XO

XO Nevada Native

I don't like white people in camo hats....

9. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

TDawg? You ever been in extremeskins forum?
    If so greetings friend.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Are you a Mexicant living in Arizona? Don't worry, George Bush hasn't hired this guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar