Im Not Expecting Too Much This Year; Hopefully Something

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GrandMajesty1, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Despite the slow start, our offense showed signs of being excellent this year. I am VERY excited about what is to come.

Defense, oi. :facepalm: If this is what is to come, we are toast. I HOPE the coaches saw a lot of people making small errors and can fix them, cuz on tv, I saw a bunch of people wandering around like walkers. D line did show improvement after a while, I'll give them that.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

You should of saw the game thread.. after our first drive people we're freaking out. We went from posters talking about playoff runs to Teddy Bridgewater in one series.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I think our offense will surprise people. I HOPE our defense does. Not as sure about that one considering our secondary.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

No doubt. I was so pissed with our defense. Blown coverage multiple times is unexcusable.

5. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Oh the things I wake up to after one pre-season game, and half you guys are abandoning ship.. come on, now. :irked:

Our run game is as promising as it was in 2009, and the defense looked good in spurts..

BUT The passing offense has some work to do OH MY GOD.
    Our new O-line gave up a sack one play OH MY GOD.
    Our D is still a little rusty OH MY GOD.
    It's the first pre-season game.. every team has problems. The teams that can fix them will be the ones who win. We will fix it.

We'll be fine. Give our new guys some time to get used to the system. The Gregg Williams effect will start to show soon. Our WRs still start to light it up soon. We'll be fine.

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Dear OP.

STOP MAKING THREADS!!!

Sincerely,
    Finnebosch

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I think we're going to be better and it will surprise people.

The run game will be beastly. It will sustain drives, pick up lots of first downs and put Jake into 3rd and manageable passing situations which he'll be good at picking up. I wanna' say Jake converted three first downs on 3rd & 5 or less to Nate & Britt; I think the run game will put Jake into those passing situations and he'll deliver.

With the offense sustaining drives, the defense will be a lot fresher than it was last season. This is going to be a top 5 rushing team. The defense will be opportunistic enough under Gregg Williams to win football games.

8. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Preseason means nothing. As long as we get out of it with no injuries I don't care how we finish. Sure our D was leaving guys wide open, Locker got sacked, w/e. Week 1 is when I'll actually be concerned about those things. Although I liked what we did on the ground.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Are you a new fan?... Because preseason means absolutely nothing and I'm really not sure why anyone takes it seriously.

The 2008 Lions looked pretty good in the preseason. They went 4-0. Then they went on to become the worst team in the history of the NFL by going 0-16.

I'm pretty sure the Jags destroyed the Pats last year in the preseason. I guess Pats fans gave up on the season after that.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I agree it's much, much too early for all this doom and gloom. But I will say I also have little to no confidence in Jake Locker. I don't believe he's the future either. So I'm with the OP there. I hope I'm wrong as I really don't want to start over at the QB position. But if he's not the guy, then he's just not the guy.

IMO if he doesn't shine in year 3 then it's time to turn the page. And I don't care about the excuses (# of starts, injuries, etc.). Third year in the league. You either get it or you don't at this point. It's a lesson this organization has hopefully learned from the VY debacle.

All that said, I do think Locker deserves the benefit of the doubt at this point. But this is the last year he gets it from me. I'm tried of waiting around. Hard to believe it's been nearly a decade since we've had a legit franchise QB.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar