Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

"I'm just being cool during this interview" - Keith Bulluck

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Arcane, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Titans&SkinsFan The future is wearing #10

Locker
    Moolah:
    $0
    he's been really good these past few weeks other than his "injuries"/breathers
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Good picture of me from 10 years ago

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,357
    I know you are having fun doggin on our players, but do you realize Harper and Finnegan didn't play Sunday?
  2. pettso Starter

Verner
    Moolah:
    $1,173
    You can blame a coach for 6 weeks of piss poor motivation and lack of desire from the players.
  3. Titans Blue Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    I completely agree with that statement, and the coach needs to motivate the players to play on sunday!
  4. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $13,435
    Really? Even when that secondary contains 3 probowlers out of 5 positions...AND the head coach actually played DB in his playing days?

Sorry. I think you can blame it on him.
    1 people high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,278
    Lack of desire is on the players. UNLESS Fisher is completely whiffing it during practise - in which he wouldn't have a job if he did - if people aren't interested there isn't much you can do to make them interested.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Childress79 Loungefly ®

George
    Moolah:
    $523
    I think the veterans have no faith in the defensive scheme Cecil is running. He has lost his chance and with it the opportunity to win his players over.

I imagine it's hard to give it your all once it's evident the scheme isn't working. This is where it's on Fisher to step in with some leadership and give Cecil some help and direction.

If we don't see a change in what the players are running I imagine they'll become even less motivated. As Bulluck said they seem to know what we were going to do every time.

No chit, we see the same crap from Cecil every play.
  5. Vigsted Starter

Moolah:
    $1,367
    If you have 1 player who plays badly it's a personnel issue, if you have 5 it's a coaching issue.

However, I don't feel like it's all Cecil's fault. We are after all running the same scheme as years before. Now his situational playcalling may not be the same as Schwartz's but the fundamentals are the same, so any blame for the scheme probably rests on Fisher.

Also remember which position Cecil had prior to the DC gig. You tell me he went from coaching probowl DB's as a position coach to completely screwing them over as a DC? Doesn't add up.

I think Cecil is having problem's executing Schwartz's/Fisher's scheme, but I'd rather get a new scheme than a new DC.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Childress79 Loungefly ®

George
    Moolah:
    $523
    The Mrs made a post a few weeks ago that hinted that the players are following what Cecil says to do but it aren't happy because it isn't being game planned for each opponent like it was under Schwartz.

I think we're starting to see the cracks the point to it being true. Maybe Cecil is a good situational coach but not a good enough leader carry the whole load.
  6. Titans Blue Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    i agree with that, and they should be planned for each game, it would only make sense to game plan for that particular team . I never seen our DB's look as bad as we have these past few weeks. I would be angry as a player because it is not working, and something needs to change, maybe come up with a game plan per opponent!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.