I'm jealous of the Colts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Well no one is saying they're serious contenders at this point. I'm only saying they're a good team that's headed in the right direction. Unlike some teams I know.
    :disappointed:

All this talk about it just being luck, or the league fixing games for them, or Pagano's sickness somehow magically transforming a roster full of scrubs into an 11-5 playoff team... IDK it just seems like sour grapes and wishful thinking to me.

But we'll find out the truth next year. Or possibly this year depending on how far they go in the playoffs. Everyone here should know better than to completely write off ANY team in the playoffs.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thats true
    7-9 Seahawks took it to the Saints in 2010

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The same reasons you are certain the Titans will suck and are no longer worth spending money on.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm not certain. I just have seen nothing to lead me to believe we are heading in the right direction and things will get turned around under Munch. There's zero evidence really. Just a lot of "Well, hopefully Locker will improve" "Well, hopefully Britt will be 100% healthy" "Well, hopefully Munchak brings in new coordinators" "Well, hopefully Munch figures out how to be a good HC" "Well, hopefully we don't blow our first round pick like we always do".

Whereas the Colts have won 11 games this year and have a good shot at advancing in the playoffs. And I just don't see how anyone can chalk it up to pure luck.

Back to our team, I'm seeing a lot of unfounded/blind optimism. And that's fine. It's part of being a fan to an extent. But I can choose what I do and do not want to spend my hard-earned money on. And at this point, with everything I've seen these past few years and the moves that are being made (or not made) I've decided that this organization doesn't deserve my money. But I won't begrudge you or anyone else for choosing to continue to (financially) support the team. I could just do without all the childish "fake fan" nonsense that gets spewed by yourself and a few others.

I'm simply tired of investing in a sh*t product. I have other things I'd be wise to spend the money on instead. If I were a millionaire or something then it'd probably be a different story. But I work hard for my money to the point of rarely ever even taking vacation days. It just doesn't make sense to me anymore to keep investing the kind of money I have been for what I'm getting in return.

As for your comments (I think in another thread) about people like me and Riverman coming crawling back if we start winning a lot or by the grace of god actually make the playoffs, you are right. But that doesn't make me a hypocrite. I've been saying all along I want SOMETHING BACK in exchange for my money. I have a wife and a step-son. So I'm looking at 3 tickets. Then parking. Then beer/concessions. Plus gas money for the 90-mile roundtrip to LP field from my house. Meaning I'm dropping several hundred dollars on each game I attend. And it's increasingly hard to justify that when we're routinely getting blown out 55-7, 30-7, 51-20, 38-14, 34-13, 38-10.

So yeah. If we put together a great season and are actually playing like a freaking professional football team, then sure I'll attend. If that makes me a bad fan in your eyes or makes you feel superior, so be it. I've said all along I'll never stop supporting this team emotionally. I'll still be rooting as hard as ever on Sundays. And I HOPE we go 19-0 next year. I'm not some dbc character who is pissed off at a move we made/didn't make and completely turned in my fan card and wishes bad things on the franchise. The Titans will still be a huge part of my life. I've just lowered my expectations considerably. And my days of blindly throwing money at this team are done.

Sorry for the book. But you continually seem to misinterpret my point/position on all this so I figured I'd go into a little more detail.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

Damn Dusty, that sure is a mouthful for a Titans fan to say about the Colts.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Only 2 sentences of that was actually about the Colts.

7. JCBRAVE

I just realized that when I actually read it over LOL

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You guys are taking **** I say way too seriously.

The only true fake fan is DBC and everyone else that has posted "I am finding a new team" or something similar.

I don't understand Riverman's obsessions with finding out who is not going to buy tickets next year or why that matters or what he thinks it will accomplish. The idea that "nothing will change until Bud feels it in his wallet" is ludicrous to me. For one, I doubt money is top on an 80+ year old billionaires agenda. For another, the team is, in general, going to make more money when it is successful REGARDLESS of any type of fan boycott or anything of the like.

And I don't understand anyone's need to state "well I'm not buying tickets next year"- to me that is a personal financial decision. If it is not worth it to you for whatever reason that doesn't make you less of a fan.

For me, I will never sell my PSLs for two main reasons. The first is, even when our team sucks, I have fun going outside into a stadium full of people and watching professional football. I even had a great time at the Bears game this year (also for 2 reasons- they were my childhood team and their fans were awesome to hang out with). The second reason is that those tickets were originally my father's (always in my name though) and he passed away over 10 years ago now. So it's neat to think, my dad used to sit in this seat.

And that is really how this fanbase is going to grow and strengthen imo. 15 years from now when a 30 year old says "I remember when I was in high school and grandpa sat next to me in this pair of seats I inherited"

My other issue is with the insane overreactions, like you saying we provide a "****" product. Was it **** last year when we were a game away from the playoffs? No. But one bad year and now it is a **** product? Well hey, I guess you are entitled to your opinion. Oh it's because this team is the "same ole same ole" as Riverman suggested? Really, cause it seems like we are 2 seasons removed from our 2nd coach in Titans history being hired. We fired a coordinator mid-season. We made a run at the highest dollar free agent in free agent history. How is that same ole same ole? You say it is blind optimism, but we have one of the youngest teams in the NFL so I think there is reason for some blind optimism that some of these younguns will improve. And if not, then Munch will be fired at the end of next year and we will be on our 3rd Titans coach and probably a new rookie QB as well.

edit: and all of that said, I will sell tickets to games (not psls, tickets). Maybe just to make money cause I know the Patriots fans are going to spend top money. Or maybe cause I'm gonna be out of town that weekend. Hey, I don't mind recouping some of the money I spend and just buying a cheap ticket after kickoff and then hanging out in the endzone. Or trying to mooch a ticket off a friend in that scenario.

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

original 12th man...

10. JCBRAVE

Not sure which is worse

Colts owner Jim Irsay
    [​IMG]

or Bud Adams
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar