Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

I'm impressed

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tim, Sep 15, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 13 users.
  1. TitansMVP Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $529
    That is what I was thinking. Wright? Did well with offense as a whole didn't look too sharp. Made the most out of his opportunities and showing his quick feet with the cuts he has. This guy was a big deep threat at Baylor and we aren't taking advantage of that. I'm glad we are using him Wr screens though because of the quit feet and cuts he has.
  2. titansfan89 Special Teams Standout

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $1,498
    There was one big 3rd down (if memory serves me correct) where Schaub play actioned and rolled out...Vern had Andre COMPLETELY blanketed, but Johnson fought back to the ball and made a completion, which was a smart play by him. Seemed like every time there was an incomplete pass, Vern was on the coverage.
  3. Anthony4Titans Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $227
    Don't mess with Verner. We need a better corner to replace McCourty though. Wouldn't be opposed to working more snaps in for Tommie over Jason but don't go overboard on it just yet.
    nbtoppers2 and titansfan89 high five this.
  4. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,973
    I'd say both Verner & Mccourty have both been excellent thus far (with Verner being a tad better). Both of them have been all over receivers in coverage and forcing nice catches. When a guy makes a good play, that's the nature of it. But both these guys are doing a good job and breaking up a lot of passes also.

Locker is average. It is what it is; inconsistency. Brilliance and then dumbfounded throws. He hasn't turned it over yet though. Being pinned back so many series in a row really hurt us. Penalties didn't help.

Wright was good today, especially on screens. Britt needs to wake the heck up though.

Much improved team though, and potentially a playoff one at that.
  5. TitansMVP Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $529
    You have to be smart to play CB and as much as I want to see Tommie out there, I just don't think he has the awareness of a good corner to be productive. Plus, he his not as good of a tackler like Verner and McCourty.

As far as McCourty, he has been in real good position but late turning his head which could lead of making a play. However, the WR just made outstanding plays which will happen in the NFL.
  6. Tim Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $984
    Verner should've been called for 3 or 4 PI. I just believe Tommie is a star
  7. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $74
    Haha

for once, I have been pretty satisfied with our defensive play in general. we need a more solid defensive tackle outside of Casey though, drop off seems pretty big.
  8. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,461

Antonio Johnson looked very good today when he was out there. I'm still waiting on Sammie Hill to make a play (when he is out on the field).
    CJtheBeast high fives this.
  9. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,461

A star backup..

You got to be an average player before you become a star.
    Bonky high fives this.
  10. Tim Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $984
    Countless plays he had his back turn to the ball. Drape all over the we. That's pi.