I'm glad we lost to Indy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Oct 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Buffalo maybe, but Cleveland has other appeal. Maybe not from the US but across the border.

2. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Lewan on home games: "Not really a home game because there's just as many away fans as ours. We have to win games"

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I know, part of the reason I was saying it was ridiculous that @Alex1939 was complaining about Lewan.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. skitch

Gotcha. Sorry....misread it.
    He complains about everything. Lol

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I think another factor in the Ticketmaster equation is owning blocks of PSLs to make available for purchase. Groups of traveling fans would naturally prefer to be seated together, which is easily accessible in Nashville. It's less attractive to them if they are forced to split up.

It would be for me, too. I wouldn't want to take my daughters, their husbands and children to Philly or Oakland and be split apart in pairs for the game.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Part of the problem though is that Nashville is nice and people visit. So people go visit when their team is in Nashville to do a vacation and catch their team.

Ain't no one going on vacation to Cleveland or Buffalo........... Especially Cleveland since all of Northern Ohio is such a dump -- Except for cedar point but that is a summer thing.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Well I guess Titan football fans living in or near Nashville need to be quicker on Ticketmaster lol

And I get your point about the draw of Nashville vs Cleveland and Buffalo

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. skitch

Did they offer PSLs or just tickets?

As far as the tickets go.....it sucks but as a business, they need to sell any tickets not bought. If all the PSLs were sold and tickets bought locally we might not have this issue. That is just a matter of locals NOT buying tickets. That is the fanbase....but at the same time, you can't blame the fanbase if they don't want to buy tickets for an inferior product.
    Catch 22

I see a lot of empty seats and I also see local print and tv ads by the organization for season tickets.
    At some point we could reach blackout status. I doubt it but....

9. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Blackouts are no longer done in the NFL, unless the owners voted to change it during the offseason.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. skitch

Ahhhh.....I missed that one.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar