1. Pardon our mess as we continue to update the new forum software. Big thanks to Mike and Preditan for all their help in the transition. If you run into any problems, put them in the Update Thread.

I'm getting recruited

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by maximus, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Camp Fodder

On a side note, I am now getting recruited to play football at Trinity Bible college. http://www.trinitybiblecollege.edu
    Coach called me last night and is sending me(and some friends) a packet of info.
    Have a couple other schools showing interest, we'll see how that goes
  2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Sweet..
    Good luck!
  3. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

:werd:

good luck.
  4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Good luck, keep us updated.
  5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff Member

What position do you play? Looks like they could use some help about everywhere...

Maranatha Bible Baptist College L 19 / 26
    Westminster College L 0 / 51
    University of MN Morris L 0 / 67
    Martin Luther College L 0 / 34
    Crown College L 7 / 29
    Principia College W 13-6 Overtime
    Northwestern College L 14 / 52
    Principia College W 19-13 Overtime
  6. maximus

maximus Camp Fodder

Probably a WR/DB/S. I guess you could say being recruited as an Athlete(find a position when I get there). Coach said he would let us decide where to play but also ask us to play at a place of best need of the team.
    They had 43 players on the team last year, all 43 played. Yes, they lose a lot. The lost 105-0 a couple of years ago. I'm goin to play ball, the place that give me the most chance to play and has my major. That's where I am going.
    I have two friends also getting recruited to go there. One is a QB/LB/S and the other is a WR/LB.
    Also in contact with KCU, BSC, Faulkner, Lambuth, and other schools. They have all offered walk on spots. A couple of these schools are non-scholarship programs(think Austin Peay a couple of years ago)
    TBC(Trinity Bible) is offering us a academic scholarship that is pretty nice, maybe a little help from football.
    The packet of info will have a DVD about the team, applications to the school and a LOI(letter of intent).
    Thanks for the encouragement
  7. maximus

maximus Camp Fodder

Any other posters get recruited to play college sports(any sport, any level). How did you decide where to go?
  8. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

I wish i did.

you guys pay a crazy amount for college.
  9. Brian

Brian Big Fan

I was, for football. Lots of schools up and down the east coast. I decided to stay local and went to the college my father attended. Not one of my better decisions. I ended up transferring and playing baseball.

Congratulations and good luck. It's a fun time, but it can get crazy depending on how many schools are calling you. I had a lot of trouble making a decision, and it got to the point where I'd hate to hear the phone ring.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
  10. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Good luck Maximus.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.