I'm confused about 'the plan'.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Cutler is going to be an elite passer. If you can't see that already, you missed out. Just for the heck of it:

Cutler Started/played in only 5 games and had 1,001 yards passing, completed 60 % of his passes, 9 passing touchdowns to 5 interceptions. Had an 88.5 efficiency rating.

Vince played in 15 games. Started 13 of those and had 2,199 yards passing, completed 51.5 % of his passes, 12 passing touchdowns to 13 interceptions. Had a 66.7 efficiency rating.

Multiply Cutler's stats by 3 giving him 15 games he would have 3,003 yds passing, 28 TDs: 15 ints. And that's with him only remaining as consistent as he was in his rookie season. I think we can all assume he'll only get better, right?
    But we knew this. Cutler was the all around skilled QB with the great arm, heart, etc. John Elway'ish.
    While Vince was the playmaker with the questionable arm, but all the intangibles and the ability to simply win games somehow.
    Now it's up in the air to see how it pans out. BUT Denver did GREAT this offseason surrounding Cutler with weapons while he's the better passer and more polished. While TN did absolutely nothing to help Vince progress. Seems a bit odd.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

way too early to put him in the Brady and Palmer category

3. Deuce Wayne

I'll put him above Brady as far as actual talent goes. Brady was a guy that got lucky and landed in the perfect spot for his playing style. His best attribute is his coolness.

Palmer, I don't know. I think he's top 3 if healthy in the league, but his first year playing his qb rating was 77. 11 less than Cutler's. We'll find out soon enough I suppose, but like I said - Denver loaded up. They made it a lot easier for Cutler to look good even if he was only going to be a mediocre qb before, he now could look great.

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

VY with his heart, desire, work ethic, and talent has what it takes to be a top passer. Look at his college passing efficiency and how it improves look at his passing improve as the year goes on.

You know why it improved? Because of everything I said above he works so hard and has a work ethic like no other. He has all the intagibles like said above and has that "it" about him that few players do ex. Jordan, Jeter, ect. even though his career is a short one to date he as shown that type of composure and is just so clutch when you need him the most.

I like both of the other QB's in the Draft I think all will be very successful and this could be one of the best QB crops to enter the league in a long time but I see VY as the best of that group.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Cutler won how many games?

6. Deuce Wayne

2 out of 5. I think Vince was 2 of his first 5 as well.

7. i agree with everything you said except the age thing with Bulluck.He just turned 30 which is not old.The guy is still highly productive,durable,and consistint year in and year out.Now if he missed some time,lost some speed,and his productivity dropped then i would say his age is catching up to him real quick but thats not even the case.Junior Sea,Zach Thomas,Tedy Bruschi, now thats aging.Even Thomas is still really productive for being in the league 12 years.

8. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

2 out of 5 with the Broncos is not comparable to 2 of 5 with the Titans, even forgetting that Cutler had 9 more weeks to prepare before being thrown into the fire. And with the exception of the NE game, Vince's passing numbers at the end of the year were quite good.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The plan..

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zB-RlmTG-i4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zB-RlmTG-i4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Get the hell out of vince's way. That's the plan.. We worry too much when we should just be thankful we have this guy. Our plan without vince would suck.

Posted this on the wrong thread by accident but there it is.

10. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

We don't have to compare Cutler and Young. They are different players, though Cutler can run too (not as well as Vince, obviously). As a Vandy fan, I watched Culter play, and I think he can be a very good QB, if he matures a bit. If he falls back on the fatalism he sometimes showed at Vandy, there will be problems. Young is always optimistic, which makes him a better leader. However, Cutler has great physical tools and is a pretty accurate passer. He showed good poise as a rookie and should only improve. He also has a lot of help around him because he plays for a good team.

I would have been fine with picking Cutler (though not at 3...that would've been too high for his value). But I'm thrilled we picked Young. Watching him is just so much fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar