I'm bored, here's a mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bobo, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ok we need WRs right?

rd 1 dj hall

rd 2 Matt caddell

rd 3 keith brown

How is that for a homer draft from hell? I do think dj hall is worth a shot in rd 5.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agree the bench is meaningless in the combine for RBs and some other positions. It's all in your leg drive and balance. Mcfadden didn't lift at all in the combine.

Look at a DE like laboy who was awesome lifting in the combine with 35 reps but his damn arms are not long enough to make ful use of his strength.

3. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

I like Dj hall in the 4th round of later. If is sitting there in the 5th we gotta grab him. I think the guy has potential.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I think the mid round depth could hurt Hall, but he's a solid pick in the mid rounds. My guess is we take a WR earlier though.

5. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Anyone know anything about this WR Monk?

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Big guy. I remember him making some plays deep and used his size to make some. Maybe like Drew Bennett in that regard, but maybe not quite the athlete Bennett was. But he's probably a stronger WR than Bennett.

Injuries have slowed him down, but I think he could be one of those late round sleeper types.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

He's actually probably more athletic, smoother, and a faster than Drew.

Monk was a very good basketball player before football. He is around 6'6 220 lbs. and has deceptive speed but not a burner, very smooth athlete, can get up and catch the ball at highest point, and can use body effectively. He needs some polish but I see him being a matchup nightmare with some time. Could be a big red zone target as a rookie while adding strength and polishing his route running and escaping the jam.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Well Drew is supposed to be a good basketball player too....well at least at Titans charity events. He had very quick feet for a guy his size, and was also a very smooth athlete. Monk didn't look like he was as smooth or as nimble an athlete to me, but a better guy to use his size and fight for the catch. I don't think either guy has an appreciable speed advantage, but I do think Monk is the better red zone threat...and that can help this team right away.

I saw quite a bit of Monk and think he's one of the few late round guys I'd spend a pick. He'll have a higher ceiling than most since the injury is going to hurt his stock. Maybe he could be what they hoped Mike Williams would be, adding another dimension to the offense.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yeah so when Auburn kicks Tennessee's butt this year then you'll learn. Oh like when Auburn beat em in the 04 SEC championship:moon2: . The reason why we didn't go to the National Championship is because Oklahoma is more popular. If your talking about Toomers Corner? That's a long standing tradition. The whole neck part is swapped. Bama and Vols fans are the home of the back woods. :grrr:

Any questions?:loser:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar