Ill-Recieved Joke by Chris Vernon

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Gorilla, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I remember the days...

being down 8 points with 6 minutes to go and you knew the game was won. Didn't know how but you knew it would be a W.

Oh the joy I took in watching the opposition fans dissapointment.

Even when we win at home now I doubt I'll ever have that uber confidence of getting the win.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It was funny.

But one thing about jokes is... You must know your audience.

And Tennesseans are oversensitive and cry about anything half-offensive. Bible belt and all that junk.

Steve wasn't some great citizen. With a slight change of fate the guy kills someone with his constant drunk driving. Guy dies and people overrate him in every way possible. He was yet another jerk athlete and ended up paying the price for a lifestyle he lived. Fair? Maybe not. But we can stop pretending he was a saint.

Crap story, but life goes on. Laugh about it- don't take it too seriously. Pretty simple.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

no doubt the 'hero' had a tarnished shield. Everyone in Nashville was aware of some of McMVPs issues. I don't think most people had an idea how wild/crazy McMVP lived. Regardless McMVP was their hero, and you don't rip into peoples hero's.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Personally, I don't have much of a problem with what he said. It wasn't funny one way or another... and it was clearly a stupid thing to say, but I was expecting something much worse.

Same thing happened when I was in classless Pissburgh at the game just two months after McNair was murdered. The guy was a 40 year old fat@ss Stoolers fan with no life, so no surprise there.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The man was murdered, that's not funny in any way.

I've nearly beaten an old man up in Canton, OH for talking trash about McNair, would have punched his fat kid in the mouth too if I wasn't concerned he'd eat me.

And by old I mean older, like in his 40's.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Seriously? That's what you're going to say....

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

what brand of wheelchair was he sporting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar