Ill-Recieved Joke by Chris Vernon

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Gorilla, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

I have a friend who lives in Memphis and heard about a roast of Clay Travis, Nashville sports broadcaster that took place a few nights ago. (Comedy Central-style roast.) Chris Vernon, another Memphis sports radio personality, was up to speak, and apparently former Titan Blaine Bishop was in attendance. Vernon offers this joke:

"Ladies and gentleman, welcome Blaine Bishop, the only Titan with a worse post-NFL career than Steve McNair."

Audio can be found on Chris Vernon's Twitter page: chrisvernonshow (I can't link due to being here less than 7 days.)

He was then booed basically out of the building and didn't get why he got such the negative reaction. Even said one lady told him she'd be surprised if he made it out alive.

Thoughts? Too harsh?

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Anything aimed at McNair won't get an applause in my book.

Not really sure what you're trying to get at in this thread.

3. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

Just sharing the news. I didn't particularly like the joke either. I'm not living in Tennessee so I don't know the personalities of these on-air guys, but it made some news in the Memphis area.

4. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

i've listened to him in here in Memphis in the past but i have to agree that i don't like the joke either and think its in bad taste.

5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

You crack the joke about the shocking, not-so-long-ago, death of the stat NFL Hero and you think people are going to laugh? That man was HUGE for the city of nashville. Stupid move by him imo

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

It probably got laughs in Memphis, just sayin'

definatly need to be more aware of your audience IMO.

7. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Starter

Roasts are supposed to be inappropriate (especially if modeled after comedy central's). I thought it was funny.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

true, but McMVP was not being roasted

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I don't mind when comedians cross the line because they should. However know your audience.

10. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

I'm a vulgar person with a vulgar mouth who makes vulgar jokes but not even I would make one as tasteless and disgusting as that.:banned:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar