If you were Da Bears, who would you sign?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jun 10, 2008.

?

Who would you sign?

Poll closed Jul 10, 2008.
  1. Shaun Alexander

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  2. Travis Henry

12 vote(s)
    38.7%
  3. Kevin Jones

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  4. Ron Dayne

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Someone else

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Nobody

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Henry they already have 2 younger backs waiting in the wings in Wolfe and Forte who I think will be pretty good along with Wolfe mixing it up while Forte pounds it.

Henry is a stop gap guy that will give you above average production while Forte and Wolfe mature.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Thank you soxcats!
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/slt_q1c4MXI&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/slt_q1c4MXI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Reminded us of yet another blazing fast, change of pace type back who isn't worth a truck load of crap. 2.7ypc! See what speed can do for you but wolfe was only a 3rd rd pick not a first.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Wolfe is closer to a 4.4 40 guy and is significantly smaller. He also didn't have a KO return in his entire college career and wasn't the receiver in college CJ was.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'd like to see them sign T.Henry and think he could have a killer season with them.

But, realistically I'm sure he's not an option for them.

Still I voted for him because that's who they SHOULD sign.

If I'm them, I think I'd see if Shaun Alexander could do ok with 150 carry season.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Just as a side note I really don't care if they Bears sign.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Wolfe had one of the best college careers a player can have. He actually has a lot more wiggle than CJ and might end up a more effective receiver.

How moronic to judge a 4.40 guy as slow now. :sad2:

Is a guy who averages less than 4.0 yards a carry in 56% of his college games the standard for speed in the nfl now?

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

kevin jones is the most talented and did not get any o-line help with lions. Henry #2 but he is a joint away from a year out of the league. Last Alexander, he needs to go to a team like bengals that has a good passing game and he is not the center piece of the offense. Alexander will not take a hit and has not been good since hutchinson went to minn. If jones is healthy he is the choice easily to me!

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree Jones is the most talented but like you said; "if Jones is healthy".
    Even if he is healthy it might not last long. The Bears might want to consider someone more reliable.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsess...0d5d808fca84&template=with-video&confirm=true

Interesting arctice about the available backs. I forgot Lamont Jordon was likely to be released.

I think I listened to a report on ESPN (for what that's worth) that said the Bears are in no hurry and may be happy to roll with the RBs they have. Forte, the other Adrian Peterson, and Wolfe.

I think T.Henry has the best chance to have a good season of any of the available backs, but in reality the Bears didn't cut Benson to sign someone else with problems. I get the feeling if they do sign a runningback it will be near the end of preseason or just before the season starts.

A lot of quality running backs were out there this offseason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar