If you were Da Bears, who would you sign?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jun 10, 2008.

?

Who would you sign?

Poll closed Jul 10, 2008.
  1. Shaun Alexander

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  2. Travis Henry

12 vote(s)
    38.7%
  3. Kevin Jones

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  4. Ron Dayne

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Someone else

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Nobody

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Travis Henry has too much baggage. I went with Alexander b/c he is very talented, he's just been plauged by injuries.

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Henry's a stoner and vigilante-humper. Jones has a bum knee. Dayne couldn't do anything with their o-line (see Houston). And Alexander's a twat.

Looks like Forte and AP may be their best bet. Even though it doesn't matter who's back there as long as Gross Rexman is taking the snaps.

3. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I think Kevin Jones has the best potential to come back and be a productive back, so I went with him. Shaun would be the best as a mentor, but he just doesn't seem like he'll ever rebound.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'd sign Dayne in a heartbeat. Interesting how you say Dayne couldn't do anything with Houston's line, which isn't as good as the Titans obviously, but Dayne has averaged 4.0 or more per carry since coming to Houston. That is over 340 carries behind Houston's line with a 4.0 average.

Dayne would give the Bears a big body guy who can they can use in short yardage situations and hand the rock late in games if they want to kill the clock. He is twice as good as Benson and similar to LW (his YPC is better than LW's last year). The last half of the season last year Dayne had games of 122, 89, 78, 86, 67 and 88 yards.

5. Kevin Jones. He's a better compliment to Forte.

But I could see them going with Henry if it's a cheap 1-year deal where he'd have to be on his best behavior.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

These are all RBs who commanded big moolah just a couple of seasons ago. I don't think any team is willing to give anything close to what they are asking for and they'll sit on the market until a RB gets hurt or prices dramatically drop.

I wonder which will be the first to take a one-year incentive-laden deal.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

travis has like ten child support payments per month, so he'd be smart to do it

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jones has that history with the knee and teams are avoiding him like the plague. I would go with dane.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Henry is probably the best on that list without injury concerns.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Henry might be a good pickup for one year considering he might work his butt off for one last try (until he acts stupid again). Still, Dayne can give you a year or two at 4.0 YPC while the rookie develops (which shouldn't take long) and I don't remember Dayne having off field or lockeroom issues which I'm sure are of some importance considering the reason they cut Benson.

They also have Wolfe who is more of a scat back style runner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar