If you had to call out one player who would it be?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, May 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

All of the resources they are trying to lend to Hunter needs to be directed toward DGB. Why hasnt he grasped the playbook by now?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  2. DaCost

DaCost Starter

I don't agree with this at all I rather use one of our RFA or give the snaps to blackson who has way more potential.

Teams that are rebuilding don t need players like Klug(not quite starter level) they need to look for guys with potential.

Also the only reason I Brought race is because I dont know why fans love such a sorry/garbage player I just don t understand it.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I don't think any of the pro Klug argument has anything based on fan favoritism. If we cut every guy that isn't starter material, forget a 53 man roster, we're down to about 9 players. So there are plenty of marginal players to make a team, Klug happens to be one that fills a smaller role and I would agree that as the roster fills with more talent (hopefully) over the next couple seasons, it is very possible his play will push him out of the 53 man roster. I feel like calling out Klug is almost at the same level as calling out practice squad guys.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Most teams would be happy to have Klugs production from a role player.

What do you not comprehend about not every player is a superstar? Whether it's a Superbowl winning team or a 2-14 team... No team is stacked with guys getting double digit sacks etc.
    Yes, we would all love to have a guy that sees 30% of snaps have double digit sacks etc... But that just isn't going to happen. What you're expecting is just beyond what is expected of Klugs role.

And again, he has been productive. Almost as productive as every starting D player on very little playing time. A better player than Klug would crack the starting line up for the Titans...not knock Klug from his spot.

5. kenny

kenny Starter

Blackson may very well have more "Potential" however, that is a loaded word around the Titans IMO. Webster drafted so many guys over "Potential". Justin Hunter was a waste of a 2nd & 3rd round picks due to his "Potential". If Blackson is that much better he will produce when he gets his chances. He is a big quick guy who I would like to see more of this year. I, however, want Production, Not "Potential". We have wasted far too many resources on guys with potential who never live up to it.

I want Production, not Potential. Blackson had a decent rookie season in the rotation. If he keeps up the way he has, then he will be worth more IMO. We are paying Klug far more than Blackson is making. As soon as Blackson makes it obvious that there is no reason to pay out that extra money JRob will make the right decision and cut him loose. Until Blackson can make up for the production Klug is providing; or a better option comes available, Klug will be here.

The truth is that Klug only got 87 more snaps than Blackson last season.

Klug: 20 Tackles/ 4 Sacks / 1 FF
    Blackson: 15 Tackles/ 2.5 Sacks/ 1 FF

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. kenny

kenny Starter

ALL TEAMS rebuilding or not; need role/rotational players for depth. Starters on the dline are big & do not play every defensive snap. There will ALWAYS be a need for a guy like Klug who can come in & contribute on limited snaps. NO NFL team has 53 starter level players.

No starter level player is going to be happy in a rotational role. If we have some one who is good enough to push for a starting spot on the dline that is a great problem to have. However, it is one that not many teams do have, and one we have not had for a while.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd also call DGB out for all those reasons. He has the ceiling to be a top-5 WR. I don't expect that next year, but atleast trend in the right direction. If that happens, KW/Matthews will have an alot easier time getting open.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Underdog situational guys with fun names to yell are always fan favorites.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Absolutely agree. Potential is taking D lineman in the 5th round to play TE. Had Taylor Thompson worked at all, I would have understood. Bust isn't really the word I would use on a 5th, but whatever is equal to bust and confusing pick is what he was.

10. kenny

kenny Starter

Exactly, of all the WRs we have; DGB has the best shot to have a huge impact on the offense IMO. If we can FINALLY have an outside presence it will really open things up for Wright & Matthews. Wright has a lot to prove this year. He should be chomping at the bit to play in the slot. It is his best position & his natural position. If we rely on Wright & Douglas to be outside WRs for this team again we are in trouble.......Again.

It just does not make sense to have 2 WRs who are so clearly slot guys, starting outside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar