If you can dodge a wrench...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cement blocks > bricks

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Most teams use bricks with their wide receivers. I'm really surprised that we just started. And all they do is toss them to the players, standing about 8 feet away from them.
    I don't really understand what it's supposed to help due to how soft they toss them and from such close distances.

3. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

this training technique was used with jerry rice, and we saw how it turned out for him...BRING ON THE BRICKS

4. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

For the crew we have, maybe they should use steel girders instead.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

It's simple...

2 reasons...

To stop guys from body catching - catch bricks with your hands everyday and you're more likely to catch a football with your hands.

To develop soft hands - players used to bodycatching sometimes have a hard time handcatching because aren't used to absorbing the ball for a clean catch. This leads to double catching and bobbling the ball. With a brick...you're forced to catch it gently.

I like this new coach!

Gut

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

To be avoided...

:bricks:

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Gut, I don't think so. I knock guys for using their body to catch, but if you stand in front of them with a football and toss it lightly, they'll catch it with their hands and toss it back.
    It does help them to RECEIVE with their hands rather than catch, i'll give you that. But it won't help with body-catching.

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Injuries? Kuharsky is a jacka** and leans toward being a Drama Queen.

If a brick comes your way and you're trying to catch it, it hits your hands, you miss, or you just don't catch it, it starts falling toward the ground, you automatically jump out of it's way. These are athletic guys, lean, wiry and quick, not stuck to the ground like Lendale. They are quick enough to jump out of the way of a falling brick to avoid it hitting their foot.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

And they didn't think anyone would whack their foot with an axe in Jacksonville either.

:suspect:

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

there's a difference, punters arent athletes :grrhee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar