If we were to go WR in the first....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titan_fan_4ever, Apr 14, 2008.

?
  1. Limas Sweed

21 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Devin Thomas

8 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. DeSeasn Jackson

19 vote(s)
    31.7%
  4. M. Kelly

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. M. Manningham

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. J. Hardy

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that's a terrible comparison. williamson is a fast guy playing football rather than a fast football player. i said the same thing last year about ted ginn.

i don't see that when i look at jackson.

2. DJB

DJB Starter

I never said a person can't put on weight. My point is why not take a guy you know is in the physical stature you want instead a using a #1 pick on a guy you "hope" can get his body where it needs to be. I'm also surprised no one has mentioned Desean supposed attitude problems. It all doesn't seem worth it to use a #1 pick on a kick returner.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

This year's WR class is so close together. They are all good but each have that one flaw that doesn't make that player an automatic #1 WR in the draft. Kelly with the knee problem, Sweed with the wrist, Jackson with the weight, Thomas lack of experience, Manningham just all-around play isn't good enough and the drug problem, and Hardy just a redzone threat. So anyway the Titans go they'll make a good pick it just depends on how bad that negative might be. I think the safest pick is Sweed. Even though Thomas might be more talented he might be the riskiest pick. It's a toss up between all of them.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

All of those individual reasons are why I'm hoping we don't go WR with our #1. Round 2 or 3, fine, but not #1.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

>:(

No! It must be a first day pick, no 3rd round! WR is a must!

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Offense!!! :nana3:

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

It's gotta be an offensive pick. IT HAS TO BE.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

DeSean will be taken before the 8th pick.

Sweed shortly after him.

if titans want either of them, they will have to make a deal.

9. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Wow. That's the craziest thing I've ever heard. I've got to give it you, if you aren't crazy, you have huge stones. I will eat my shoe if that comes true.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

1) I totally agree with what you said; however....
    2) If they Jackson does go at 8, I'm holding you to your shoe eating comment:))

but seriously...there's NO WAY Jackson and/or all of the other WR's will be gone before our pick. That was just stupid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar