If we were to go WR in the first....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titan_fan_4ever, Apr 14, 2008.

?
  1. Limas Sweed

21 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Devin Thomas

8 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. DeSeasn Jackson

19 vote(s)
    31.7%
  4. M. Kelly

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. M. Manningham

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. J. Hardy

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

More like, think Ted Ginn Jr, not much unless there's nobody around him. One finger and he goes down, and his body will break down much quicker being on special teams. His body isn't like Pacman's, cut and hard, he's got a runners body long and lean, it won't take the beating.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm surprised you consider RB a need. And certainly shouldn't WR be considered a need?

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Do you really believe that? His body is EXACTLY like Pacmans. DJ is all Muscle on that little frame. I believe he will bulk up over the next year or 2 and be a lot like steve smith.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

you're kidding me? He is a CARBON COPY OF TED GINN, JR. Pac is solid, 5'8 180-185, DeSean is 6'0, 157-167, you're talking at least 18-25 lbs of muscle on a shorter frame, there is no comparison. DJackson is a glider, smooth with quick feet, but he has never been a great WR threat. Look at his numbers, he was probably the 3rd best WR on his own team behind Jordan and LaVelle Hawkins. I think he is being overrated because of his return abilities, and I don't think he can handle the pounding of the NFL. He is a "Space" WR, those guys don't translate well into the Pro game with all the contact from DBs, and his inability to adjust to physical play at the line of scrimmage.

Personally, i'd rather have someone like Bess from Hawaii who is used to being played physical and playing underneath taken on day 2. Everyone knows our luck with WRs, why take someone who is going to get exploited and used up on Special Teams?

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

jackson is actually closer to 5'9" than 6'.

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Ok, you win....I disagree and think Jackson will be a great PR, KR

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'll be happy if we get a WR in the first....knowing the Titans they'll probably draft someone who was projected a 3rd rounder in the first.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Sweed or Hardy.

9. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Anyone but Kelly or Manningham. Those guys have Turd written all over them.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm not at all impressed with LenDale or Chris Henry. I think they are an average tandem at best. I would have to pull the trigger if Felix Jones is available b/c of his ability to catch and his quickness. He would do great in Dinger's scheme IMO. That really is the only RB I'd take.

I guess what I would do with the 1st rounder is:

1. Kentwan Balmer (DT), if not available then
    2. Felix Jones (RB) , if not available then
    3. Derrick Harvey (DE), if not available then
    4. James Hardy (WR) if we can't trade up in second to get him.

I hate to use a 1st round pick on WR. I'd rather see us trade up in the second and take the best one off the board. It depends

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar