If we lose to the Texans and they rest their starters..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Lets say Houston's starters play a series or two and then take the rest of the day off. Yates would probably stay in because he needs all the reps he can get, but every other key starter sits.

We've seen this movie before, Hasselbeck checks down every play and fails to put points on the board and we find ourselves down 10-3 late and end up losing to the 2nd String Houston texans because our offense was too flat to put up any touchdowns.

This would eliminate us from the playoffs and might be even more embarrassing than losing to the winless colts just a few weeks ago. My question is if we do lose to the Houston Texans 2nd stringers, god forbid, should Mike Munchak be fired?

It was embarrassing losing to the Jaguars week 1, and it was so much more embarrassing losing to the 0-13 colts that it was almost hilarious, but it will be a freaking tragedy if we lose to the Houston Texans 2nd stringers with everything on the line.

IDC what happens with the other games, if things go our way or not, if we lose to the Texans and they rest their starters Munchak needs to be fired. Otherwise its clear evidence that management doesn't care whether this team wins or loses.

2. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

I do not expect the Texans to rest their starters at all, especially after two straight loses.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

No. Why fire him after only 1 year. Honestly if anyone goes it should be Palmer. Those loses aren't Munchak's fault

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Tom Landry went 0-11-1 his first year of coaching. Imagine if Dallas fired him.
    Bill Walsh went 2-14 his first year of coaching. Imagine if the 49ers fired him.
    Bill Parcells went 3-12-1 his first year of coaching. Imagine if the Giants fired him.

It's dumb to get rid of a coach their first season. You have no idea how good they could be.

• High Five High Five x 7
  5. bigdogtitan

bigdogtitan Camp Fodder

How embarassing was it to lose the divisional game to the ravens when we had home field advantage for the entire playoffs. How many years did it take fisher to get that? PLEASE! WE would be hiring evey year.Munchak hasn't even had an entire year under his belt given the lockout!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Were those internal hires..?

mmHmm..

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Who cares?

8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Makes a difference.. Munchak has been in our system for decades, which probably hasn't changed since he was a player..and it didn't change under him and guess what.. it still failed. An outside hire would be given more leniency.. but Munchak will get a free pass either way.

And I don't get how you're saying a few coaches had terrible first years and actually worked out.. tell me the number of coaches that had terrible first years and failed, probably alot more.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

We've got a new defensive scheme. We also have a different offense than last year for better or worse. Things have changed. The internal hire argument is irrelevant IMO.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

I am starting to get sick and tired of these fire munchak threads.

Seriously. If you really want to screw with Locker's development, let's treat him like Alex Smith and have a new fricken coordinator every year.

Whether he was an inside hire or not, he is a first year coach and for me, I am more than willing to give him three to see if he will truly work out or not.

• High Five High Five x 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar