If we Lose to Miami is the season OVER?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SpongeBob, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I think he is trying to say that the poor play of Miami will loose the game. What will be sad is if Collins puts up scores against the geriatric Fin D.

2. Man, that is a silly thing to say, I hate it when people say stuff like that...playing for a high draft pick:rolleyes: jeez

3. Blazing Arrow

The 93 team stuck out because of the 12 consecutive wins.

It is easy to look back at a season +10 years later and say yeah but we had XY and Z and they brought us together. I know it is a stretch but the comment was made that if we loose this weekend we lose to a sup play off team and have no chance. In 93 we lost to the Chargers, Rams and Saints all to start the season 1-4. None of those teams finished with a winning record. The other loss coming to the Bills a super bowl team.

The reality is that we are probably not going to the playoffs but you have to have optimism. Personally I go into every game thinking it is a win until we lose. Talking like we are dead in the water is silly. 14 more games. We could win the rest of the season out. Manning could go down. Young could show dramatic improvement when he gets the nod, Givins could come around. there are allot of "ifs" that have not even been addressed yet. Talk to me when the game is a must win in week 8 and tell me we are out of it until then I am a Titans fan and we can win any game we step on the field to play.

It is disheartening to see people so down on there team 2 days before the next game. We have not even played it yet and you Voleks are "throwing the team under a bus". :ha:

4. zackmann

zackmann Guest

at the first of the season...i mean before preseason :)

i truly believe that we cannot win a game against anyone not named Oakland with collins at the helm...

5. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i'm trying to be a realist for my own sanity...

last year on every sunday morning, i truly believed that we would win every game...even against indy...

but this year with collins at the helm, i see the writing on the wall...

last week I was so pissed those first 3 series when collins couldn't complete a pass...i was pissed...i need to not get so mad by telling myself we actually do suck...the only thing fun and entertaining about last week was when Vince was in...that is now what i look forward to...

6. Blazing Arrow

Another break in the Jets game and we could have won that game. If last years Texans can win 2 with Carr going to the turf 68 times we can pull out some wins.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Look at some of the polls here. Most people said 5-8 wins. We can still get 5 wins easy if we're 0-3. We have way too much talent. It will come together. Give Collins a few more games. So what if we're 0-3. We're not going anywhere this year anyway-never were.

The season was tanked by Floyd when he didn't bring Collins in earlier to learn our system. If Billy was whining as much as they say- they should have brought earlier than 3 weeks to kick-off. We'll have alot of cap money, we should spend wisely- NOT re-sign much of the dead weight we have now.

Thank God for fantasy football. It helps ease the pain of a sorry season.

8. zackmann

zackmann Guest

fantasy football is my savior....

9. not when u lose tho like i did last weekend

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

There is nothing more pathetic then wishing injury on a player.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar