If we drafted like Ditka for the Saints...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Feb 23, 2010.

?
  1. One of your happiest days as a Titans fan

30.0%
  2. Extremely angry

33.3%
  3. SHADDUP YO FACE!

36.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

And traded all of our 2010 picks and let's say a 2nd round 2011 pick to move up and draft Eric Berry,

Would you be excited or pissed?

2. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I think my most overwhelming feeling would be shock.

After that, I'd be pumped that we got Berry, but probably more concerned about our future and depth. Don't get me wrong, Berry is awesome, but I'd rather make a huge trade for 1 of about 10 other current players that I think would help us out more right now before I would go all in to get him.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I know that's true, but I would just be too overwhelmingly excited and happy to care.

(i also realize this question is fantasy land, just curious given the Vols fans and the extra attention Berry gets in the state if many or any would be happy if this scenario played out)

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd be happy truthfully. I see three players on defense coming up who can be All-Pros in their first season. I like Berry a lot, I also believe Suh, and McClain have the raw goods to be excellent NFLers. My one concern would be injuries of course, but I wouldn't hate the team for risking that much on a 90% sure thing. You can still develop a team through your older picks. We waste half our picks on crap. Plenty of teams I think would do something like this. Tampa may move up to No. 1 to chase Suh. The Pats and Steelers don't let their picks end up in San Fran or Houston. Consolidating draft picks is fine to me. Berry is one player I'll be watching harass QB's for years Safety or Corner (maybe in our case).

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No player is worth an entire draft.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I'd gladly take Revis or Patrick Willis for all of this years picks. I wouldn't do it for a guy who hasn't played a game in the NFL yet though.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Shadup yo face! Berry might be a big time playmaker, but h3!! to the no. I'd trade up a lot to get Suh but not Berry. Even then, I wouldn't give up our whole draft.

8. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I would rather trade with Oakland and pay Asomogha instead of throwing it away on a rookie with no guarantee he'll be any good.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

This. Especially since it makes about as much sense.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

There's a reason Ditka wasn't in N.O. very much longer after that, neither was Ricky Williams.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar