If we don't make the playoffs...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I must've asked this question here at least a dozen times now and am yet to get a single response to it. :ha:

I get that Fisher is a likable guy. And a "good coach". But this is a results business and frankly his results suck.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I agree. He's not the totally clueless tool some make him out to be. And as I've said before it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he went somewhere else and won a Super Bowl. But sometimes a change is good for both sides. For example, Tony Dungy and the Tampa Bay Buccs. Tony was a good coach. But it wasn't happening for him with that organization. They make a change... bring in Gruden. Gruden wins them a SB and Dungy goes on to win one of his own. Now I'm not saying that's definitely what would happen here but it very well could. Dungy is every bit of the coach Fisher is (actually more of a coach IMO) but his playoff failures resulted in his firing. Point being, sometimes just being a "good coach" isn't a good enough reason for keeping someone around year after year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I said some time before the season started and sometime after the Denver loss that we need to move on this year if we don't make the playoffs. Assuming we don't make it though who do ya'll want as the new coach?

My favorite candidates
    - John Gruden
    - Rob Ryan
    - Kyle Shanahan
    - Gregg Williams

Who would you all like to take over from the Fish?

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think the teams failure to see that Collins could not throw, and that Vince looked like a Gazelle, is more or less embarassing. That was the most important decision all week and they blew it. They went with their gut instead of their heads. Honestly, Kerry Collins is Fisher's tragic flaw. He will go with Kerry at all costs. Everyone down to the annoucers who saw his swollen finger before the game, knew he could not possibly play looking like that, and a couple of passes in the whole world could see it. What the heck were the coaches looking at all week?

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm not pointing at you... just at everyone who keeps misspelling Jon Gruden's name. It's 'Jon', not 'John'. Let's at least know how to spell the guy's name before we keep saying he's our guy.

I would literally take ZERO of those guys you mentioned besides Gruden. He's the only one.

Shanahan sucks. I'm not down with a Ryan leading our team. Gregg Williams isn't a good head coach... or at least didn't seem like one. Now, if we could bring him back as defensive coordinator, I'd be behind it. I said over and over again when Schwartz was likely leaving that I wanted Williams. He obviously made the right decision going to the Saints.

6. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

If we don't make the playoffs, I don't want our QB OR Coach back ... Period

7. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Where exactly do you expect to find a better QB for 2011? Vince is in the top 10 or 15 in the league for sure. You will not find a better QB than him to start for next year.

8. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Get rid of Fisher so he can go to Dallas, and get Cower.

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

F Cowher. I want Gruden or a Young guy. Preferably a offensive minded coach. I don't think Fisher is the devil. But i do think a change would be needed.

10. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

how well did he perform today in your honest opinion with a week off to prepare & heal up for the Dolphins ? ... while he was at the helm, he still produced fewer points than than Carrie ... this team needs to be retooled from top to bottom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar