If we cut Oher...?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Roos to the Steelers?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Why would he restructure? He's well worth his $6M this year.

And I really dont get why we're all trying to dump a good LT, have you guys not seen Stingily and Otto play? They suck!

Unless we can get a 3rd rounder or some other asset, I see no need to move a productive LT. Yes Roos is on the decline, but he's still pretty good, Im in no hurry to see him leave. But if another team sees our abundance of tackles and wants to make an offer, I'd listen.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

We're keeping all 3 guys. No trading or cutting is going to happen. Why would they cut Oher when this is Roos's last year under contract and we'll just need another OT next season after he leaves?

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Not a bad problem to have. It's nice to have too many quality OL instead of not having enough of them.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

There is no point in cutting Oher before he plays a single game.

6. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

That still makes no sense. It's not like we're in cap hell and need the space. I'm tired of making moves just to save money. If nothing else, by keeping all 3 it's insurance against one of the 3 getting hurt.

Now if they were rumors of trying to trade Roos, maybe I could see some value in it. If we could pick up a good pass catching TE or a big bodied WR I'd be all for it.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Good grief - why is everyone trying to unbuild the oLine.
    Fresh legs = a very good thing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

10. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

I saw the tweet and Terry never said "release". He said the Titans could "move" Roos. There's a big difference.

Rotoworld first reported what McCormick said and they were the one's that used the word "release" for some reason. They later changed the wording.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar