If Vick is starting week 7 against the Titans... I will donate:

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by World Peace, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

LOL whatever you say man. Please let me share some pics from my facebook.
    [​IMG]
    Here's my friends pit hanging out with some of his pals. The dogs do not live together.

Take Close Notice how the chihuahua still has his head attached. An 8 pound chihuahua isn't scared of him... Why are you?
    [​IMG]
    Here's some more cuteness overload.

So I'm sitting here deciding whether or not I even want to waste the energy to correct your intellectually bankrupt argument or if I should just let you live your life in stupidity. I'll be the first to admit, there are plenty of people that have no business being pet owners and you probably fit into that category.

It sucks that some people arent capable of experiencing the same type of special bond a human and his pet share. There is so much more to owning a dog than feeding and sheltering him. I wish more dog owners could realize this.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If we were talking about requiring a license to own pitbulls or a ban on the species you might get some backing here, but unfortunately we're talking about animal/pet torture/murder - not the same. And in regard to inhumane conditions for human-food animals I have lent my share of support, time and money towards changing laws that govern those practices - though still not the same thing as dog-fighting..

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

TitansEric I gotta claim animal abuse dude. I'm fairly certain the thread count on that comforter is under 180 - how could you!

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

We're not talking about killing an animal for sustenance. We're talking about forcing two animals to fight and brutally kill one another for monetary gain. That's it, nothing else. And when animals are wounded or useless to their handlers, they drown them or electrocute them or shot them.

If you can't see the difference, then I guess the conversation ends here.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

There are plenty people that will kill squirrel/quail/bird/duck/snake/raccoon/etc without eating the animal. People just like killing animals.

So you have a different animal of choice to kill maybe. That's cool. Everyone is different.

TitansErick:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Post the pictures after one of them are chomped in half.

6. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W2zTQwWaPps?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W2zTQwWaPps?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Again, Deuce, if you think it's not a big deal that dogs are forced to fight and kill one another for the sole purpose of monetary gain, that's where the conversation ends.

This isn't about hunting for sport or hunting for food. That's a separate argument. People aren't up in arms that these dogs are dying, it's that they're dying (sometimes in ways that are extremely cruel i.e. holding them underwater and drowning them or electrocuting them) because some s want to make money off it.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I didnt say it's right or wrong. I'm saying most the people up in arms about it fail to see themselves as the hypocrites they are.

And once you understand that perspective, you kind of see things differently.

Like myself- Killing any animal in a brutal fashion makes me sick to my stomach. But not just dogs. ANY animal. BUUUUUT.... since I'm used to eating a juicy steak and love it? I can't judge anyone for animal cruelty.

I like cool shoes. Like cool jackets. etc etc... we're not so different. Just because you let someone in a government approved killing factory be the bad guy doesn't place you on a higher level of morality.

I think it's messed up. But then again... Cars are a natural cause of death for dogs. And Pit-Bulls are not really the most pity-prone animals seeing as how no one would want to be around one they didn't know.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Again, you try to fall into this "hypocrite" argument, except you clearly don't give a s*** about these animals, so why should I take your argument seriously? You haven't even addressed what you originally said:

You're First Post:
    "They're just dogs man.

If the guy was killing poodles, I may understand- but he was killing pit bulls. Might as well be killing crocodiles as far as I'm concerned. Pit Bulls are scary as sh**."

This argument started because of these comments. It's been addressed by numerous posters. There's no need to bring in completely different philosophical topics of animals' rights into this. This is about ignorant statements about a canine breed. If you have a problem with the idea that people lambast Vick while still enjoying a f***ing hamburger, take it somewhere else.

The majority of posters were annoyed that you chose to take your typical contrarian viewpoint on a topic you probably didn't really think through.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Is this deja vu or is the same conversation from years ago?

Deuce can't distinguish a difference between electrocution and drowning versus shooting an animal. He also can't distinguish domesticated animals verse wild animals. If you disagree with him, you are a hypocrite. Really Deuce is just too dense to see the difference, and he believes by holding a minority opinion that he's somehow more intelligent and enlightened than other posters. Try to explain the difference between hunting and torture and the response will be "la la la la la la la la, hypocrite!"

All of that said, I really despise Vick. But he did his time, I have no problem with him playing in the NFL nor do I think it will be a big deal to see him start. I applaud erick if he follows through with his pledge here, that's actually a great idea. Not a bad idea for an actual shelter to come up with something similar, a pledge sheet to volunteer time or donate money every time Vick is sacked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar