If the Titans could add any one player ...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'd play Gonzo in front of Crumpler

2. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Offense: Andre Johnson
    Defense: Willie Parker

3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Yep. Multiple turnovers and an almost 3 digit amount of penalty yardage don't win football games either.

Yeah but I don't think Fish would. I see Gonzo as more of a receiving TE than a blocking one.
    It's been apparent that Crump has done more of the blocking this year and Scaife has done more of the receiving. Where would we put Gonzo then?
    As good as Gonzo is, I still wouldn't start him over Scaife.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'd prefer to discuss players actually obtainable
    I'm not sure Fitz or AJ are going anywhere anytime soon

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

True, but I think the OP meant 'if any player, period'.
    As for Fitz and AJ, I know they won't be going anywhere anytime soon, nor will any of the other WRs that were mentioned in this thread.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Gosh, don't make it sound like about 4 different things needed to be corrected for us to win that game.

How about:

If Crump didn't fumble or
    If LW didn't fumble or
    If we didn't have 80 yards in penalties or
    If CJ didn't get hurt
    If Bironas makes his FG

Any one of those things not occuring and we probably win the game.

Also pressure on Flacco wasn't the issue. The Ravens ran an offense where they max protected and got the ball out quickly. Our offense moved the ball well on the "tough" Ravens defense. CJ had around 100 total yards in one half. Collins threw for almost 300 yards. Gage had 135 yards recieving. We only lost the game by 3 points and could have easily had 13 or more points in regulation had we simply eliminated just one of the above what/ifs.

Realization:
    Titans 21 first downs to Ravens 9
    We had 391 total yards to ravens 211
    116 yards rushing to Ravens 50
    Dominated TOP by 9 minutes.

We should have won the game by 10 points.

Also, I realize we need a playmaking WR but consider the fact that a rented mule would be better than McCareins the bar isn't all that high at upgrading the position. If we could just find someone as good as Gage we would make a big step forward.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Ray Lewis... Just to sting the Ravens.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I hate pie n the sky crap like this. Why don't we get moss, boldin and steve smith? All three? then we would dominate!

9. mrredskin

mrredskin Camp Fodder

if the titans signed lewis, i would sell my season tickets and not attend a game until he was gone.

not even joking.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. mrredskin

mrredskin Camp Fodder

seriously, tho, boldin should be attainable. i think he'd do well.

i'm sure roy e williams would be available *puke*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar