if the season started tomorrow

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OswegoTitan41, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdfan

mdfan Starter

At this point IMO we have a shaky RB situation, a basically untested WR corps and as os 4/13 - without Pacman I'd have to rate our D worse than laast year. If the season started now 6 to 8 wins is a reasonable prediction. Based on Strength of schedule http://www.theredzone.org/strength.asp, at this point next year's schedule does not look easy.

Thankfully the season does not start tommorow and I think enough improvements will be made where we'll see at least 10 wins next season.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

3. dgood

dgood Guest

I would say we will finish 10-6 and get a playoff birth as the 6th seed. But we won't make it past the Wild-Card i don't think. Will give VY some good experience however.

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Lets break it down. Your saying if we start the season tomorrow with the players on the roster right now without going in the draft.

SO that leave us with this offensive team

Vince
    White
    Jones
    Gage
    Givens
    Troupe
    Scaife
    Hall

And this defencive team

KVB
    Al
    Randy
    Odem/Laboy
    Keith
    Tulluch/Fowler
    Thornton
    Hope
    Scott
    Harper
    Hill/Finnagen

Looking at the players id say wed have at least 7 wins maybe 1 more if we could squeeze a close one out..

Positives: We got the draft which if the players we draft are the right choice and they fill some holes that we have we could easily be a 10-11 game winning team.

Negitives: Sometime in the season we are going to miss Pacman. Pacman fan or no Pacman fan your going to miss his playmaker ability out there. When we need a spark on offence he comes in , when we need good field position to get into field goal range he gives it to us. Hopefully he gets reinstated and comes back in Week 10 and helps us gride out a few more wins to get us to the playoffs.

I really think our season depends on weather or not our DB's can be productive. I can tell you right now if we have the pass D like we had last season we wont make the playoffs.

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

looking at our schedule, we might start at 1-2, then win 6 in a row, leaving us at 7-2, wel loose one, 7-3, then pacman will be back get us 3 of the last 6, leaving us at 10-6....

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

If we sign Wilson, a solid post June 1st-cut CB, and draft Ginn or Bowe in the first and a solid DE in the second (Lamar Woodley)...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar