If the rumors are true..........

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

.....and Steve does not return to Baptist Sports Park or to the Titans, what do you think the odds are that Vince Young will be picked by the Titans?
    Personally I think it looks bad for VY if he wanted to play here. Cutler and Leinart will be ready to play sooner, IMO, than VY.
    With Steve gone, we can't wait 2 years to get our new starting QB onto the field.

2. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I think it would be a disappointment TO Vince Young...He has to be looking forward to working with his mentor...? I think Leinart is probably the most ready for the NFL out of the three....I just thinks Cutler takes to many risks, the kind that will be devastating in the NFL.....

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

of course Cutler took at lot of risks! Look who he played for, he had to. Put him on a good team and surround him with the players ML or VY had and see how well he would have preformed. Now put those QB's on Vandy and see what would have happened to them.

4. dontdraftcutler

I can always count a good argument from Ewker :) When I say risks...maybe I mean bad decisions. I haven't seen that much of him, honestly, but it seems like he doesn't see the 'whole' field.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

and Young does :suspect:

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Any chance we see McNair and Young in black and silver?

7. dontdraftcutler

I didn't say Young does, but I think he does more than Cutler.

8. KobeChaz

KobeChaz Guest

How do you think he felt a few days ago when Steve said he didn't want to be a mentor for who the Titans may pick at #3?

9. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Steve didn't say he didn't want to be a mentor. He SAID that he feels that he has many more years left in him to play and he didn't want to groom a QB to take over the reins in the next year or two.

I don't understand why people are saying that Leinart is more prepared to be a starter in the NFL, moreso than Young. If I recall, wasn't it Young who basically, singlehandedly won the Rose Bowl? Making quick, good decisions and crucial plays?

10. KobeChaz

KobeChaz Guest

This is what was said, " Bus Cook, agent for QB Steve McNair, claims his client wants to remain a starter for the next few seasons and has no interest in grooming a rookie to replace him. "He is a starter. Why would he want to mentor a young guy to take his place? He is not ready for the rocking chair. It doesn't matter if it is Cutler, Leinart, Vince Young or anybody else. It doesn't make sense for Steve McNair to take a huge cut in pay — it wouldn't be this year obviously, but it would be next — to be a mentor for some young guy no matter who it is. It might be great for Tennessee, but it wouldn't be good for Steve."

As I said before, how do you think VY or any QB for that matter felt after he heard, or read that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar